Irish Sausage success! Thanks!

Recipes for all sausages

Irish Sausage success! Thanks!

Postby Celjun » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:39 pm

I'm and Irish man who has been living in Louisiana for the past 12 years. I actually learned to make Cajun sausage and Boudin before I ever attempted a shot at making Irish Rashers and sausage. I have had success for the past 4 years curing my own rashers in a wet brine and have 10 lbs in the fridge as I type. Thanks to this forum and other internet resources I was able to successfully make Irish sausage on my first attempt without very little need to make future adjustments. I just wanted to say Thanks and I'll post my seasoning Mix here (which is based mostly on info I gathered from posters on this forum)
Again Thank you and If anyone has any questions about Cajun Sausage green or smoked or Boudin smoked, Blooded or plain, ask away. Also check out this short documentary Vice.com made with our help on Cajun Boudin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acy22OziLCI

Next up Black and White Pudding

5 tsp Salt
1 Tsp White Pepper
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp of Coriander
1 1/2 Tsp of Mace
3/4 Tsp Nutmeg
1 1/4 Tsp Ginger

* This makes 4 Ounces Total and you can use an ounce of this mix per 1LB of pork or Make larger batches and still use this ratio.

Add 6 oz of Plain Bread crumbs and 3/4 of cup of water mix well and stuff.
Celjun
Registered Member

Re: Irish Sausage success! Thanks!

Postby NCPaul » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:49 am

Thanks for the link to an interesting video. :D
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby Robson » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Hi Celjun

Thanks for the recipe. Your youtube video peaked my interest. So I would be most interested in an authentic recipe for a tried and tested plain boudin, as being an Englishman I have never tried one before
Robson
Registered Member

Postby Celjun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:51 am

Thanks for the kind words. I'll post a recipe for Boudin as soon as I can work out spice ratios and a recipe that you can follow. We normally make Boudin as part of a Pig Boucherie (communal butchering) and we taste test as we go as meat weight varies depending on the size of the pig we kill that morning. Let me see what I can come up with and I'll post it here.
Celjun
Registered Member

Return to Sausage Recipes