Butcombe Bangers

Recipes for all sausages

Butcombe Bangers

Postby RehctubUK » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Here is one way to make a Bristol based beer sausage.
You will need:

5kg pork trim (belly and shoulder preferably)
908g rusk
1.5 litres of Butcombe beer
7 oz pork seasoning
Hog skins

Method:
Take the 5kg of pork trim, dice and marinade in 1 litre of Butcombe beer OVERNIGHT.
Roughly 24 hours later, mince the pork making sure to save the excess beer left from marinating.

Separately, mix rusk and seasoning well BEFORE adding 650g of Butcombe starting with leftover juice from the night before. You may add more Butcombe to rusk mix but be careful, you want the texture no more moist than a fluffy consistency.

Add your 5kg of minced pork with fluffed up rusk mix and kneed thoroughly. Afterwards, mince entire mix for a second time. Now your sausage meat is ready.

Pump into hog skins, link and hang for up to a day to give the flavour a chance to develop and the sausages to relax.

I would love to hear of anyone who tries this for themselves and I am open to comments, criticism and questions.

Happy sausaging!
RehctubUK
Registered Member

Re: Butcombe Bangers

Postby wheels » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks for posting this. I realise that its commercial nature may mean that you can't/won't post the exact seasoning mix, but can you give us a clue as to its flavour profile? :D :wink:

...and just out of interest, why Butcombe Beer when you're in Chippenham?

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Re: Butcombe Bangers

Postby RehctubUK » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:22 pm

You'd be correct. It's a commercial seasoning. The clues i can give you are minimal. It's pink and allergens include mustard and celery. I will endeavour to pin point it's ingredients.

To cure your curiosity, Butcombe beer is a personal favourite of my Mother and I. Bristol ain't a million miles away :lol:
RehctubUK
Registered Member

Return to Sausage Recipes