Garlic Butifarra

Recipes for all sausages

Garlic Butifarra

Postby vagreys » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:12 pm

I made a variation on my fresh Butifarra recipe, Butifarra Crua, adding 5 cloves of finely minced garlic per pound. People really seem to like it, especially grilled over charcoal with casing gone smoky and crisp. My own impression is that it makes a good base that, with the addition of a few other seasonings, can be taken in many directions from a basic garlic sausage.

Also, if you are adding water to your sausage mixture, taking the time to put the garlic in the water, bring it just to a simmmer, and immediately take it off the heat to cool, then actually chill before adding the water and garlic mixture to the sausage, yields a milder, rounder flavor.

I've now tried it adding some marjoram and sage for a bratwurst-like sausage, some Polish hunter seasoning blend for a nice, fresh kielbasa character, a little French four-spice, and I've also added some rusk and Cumberland seasoning for a tasty coil on the grill.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Re: Garlic Butifarra

Postby NCPaul » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:27 pm

If you haven't done so, I'd recommend that everyone make the Butifarra Crua recipe (in vagreys' link) at least once to understand the effect of salt and pepper in sausage. I like it for breakfast. :D
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Return to Sausage Recipes