recipes for web site

Recipes for all sausages

Postby aris » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:47 pm

Thanks for the link - but it does say "The rules on bringing food into the UK from outside the European Union". I'm willing to bet the signs you see are for the same - people coming from outside the EU.

Perhaps next time you fly in you should ask someone :-)
aris
Site Admin

Recipes

Postby Colin » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:21 pm

:D
Spuddy, aris

Thanks for pointing out my error - the restrictions do indeed apply only to imports from outside the EU.
My 'illicit smuggle' of a bit of mousetrap won't be half as exciting next time!

Colin
Sausages are for life not just for breakfast
Colin
Registered Member

Postby Fatman » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:14 pm

Colin

Sorry I missed your message before leaving, it was all at short notice , the father in law passed away , we went for the funeral.

I did however speak to Siegfried Propfen of www.propfen-gmbh.de who can supply your needs .

Regards

Fatman
Fatman
Registered Member

Mrs. Beeton's Sausage Recipe

Postby Parson Snows » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:15 am

on the 4th of October 2004 ODDLEY posted Mrs. Beaton's Sausage Recipe. This was in fact copied exactly from the 1859-1861 book "Mrs. Beeton's Book of Household Management". It is obviously out dated now. Ward Lock who still own the copyright (and have since several years after the death of Mr. Beeton ) were aware of this and in 1997 published a book entitled "Mrs. Beeton's Best of British Home Cooking" As they stated in the introductional text "This collection of recipes required remarkably few adjustments when tested in a modern kitchen, and proved to be every bit as delicious as when they were written over a century ago".
The "revised" recipe follows

450 g (1 lb) boneless belly of pork, minced
450 g (1 lb) minced veal
225 g (8 oz) shredded suet
450 g (1 lb) fresh white breadcrumbs
5 ml (1 tsp) freshly ground black pepper
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
grated rind of 1/2 lemon
*** My note: or the grated rind of two limes if lemons are not available
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) grated nutmeg
6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) chopped fresh savory
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) dried marjoram
sausage skins (optional) for filling

Mix all the ingredients until they are thoroughly combined. Fill sausage skins, following the instructions below (I'll post this part tomorrow), or shape mixture into small cakes. To prevent the mixture from sticking while you are shaping the cakes, run your hands under cold running water occasionally. Cakes should be floured before being fried.
When cooking home-made sausages, do not prick the skins. Fry or grill them, using moderate heat so that the skins do not burst. Alternatively, set the oven at 200 degrees C (400 degrees F/gas 6) and lightly grease a roasting tin with oil. Place the sausages in the tin and bake them for about 30 minutes, turning once, until they are browned and crisp. Drain the sausages on absorbent kitchen paper before serving them.

Kind Regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
There's ten around the table
And food enough for five... Amen
Parson Snows
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Sausage Recipes