recipes for web site

Recipes for all sausages

Postby Fatman » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:09 pm

Colin

Du kann kaufen baufleisch das ist im ordnung, alles klar?

Bis Bald

Fatman
Fatman
Registered Member

sausage receipes

Postby mevisblair » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:13 pm

i just fixed my internet its been block for some week my kids changed the users name.iwas mad well every thing is fine now,i can reply and write few things.my sister sent me this receipe for farmstyle boerewors.

farmstyle boerewors spice

beef meat / fat 20.00kg

water 1.00kg

spice 1.00kg

tripolyphosphate 1.00kg

mix meat, pork and fat together,add farm style borewores spice accordingly to the amount of meat you are using.and add tripolyphosphate sodium.bread crumbs or soya.add ice water or cold water.this tripolyphosphate sodium is good for sausages the other name is called binder it makes the sausages meat stick together and makes the sausages soft.if you want to try this spice i have address its spice land. spland@mweb.co.za i have been using this spice and soduim its nice and have a strong smell for sausages its nice the smell is so lovely for the sausages.i dont think this spice will be expensive. if you want it to have nore smell add some garlic you dont have to worry about the mixes all the spices are mixed together.i tried the spice and my sausages come out nicely and they tasted nice so my kids they want me to keep making them sausages with the same spices.if any body know more receipes they can send them to me i want to learn more about the sausage making.
mevis
mevisblair
Registered Member

Postby aris » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:51 pm

Mevis,

Typically, boerewors is made with added vinegar, not water.
aris
Site Admin

Postby Oddley » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:46 pm

I found this recipe on the internet some time ago can't remember where. I thought some of you might be interested the sausages are from Mrs beatons cook book therefore antique.

Mrs Beatons Sausage Recipe

Ingredients

450g/1lb pork, fat and lean, without skin or gristle
450g/1lb lean veal
450g/1lb beef suet
225g/�lb breadcrumbs
� lemon, rind of
1 small nutmeg
6 sage-leaves
1 tsp pepper
2tsp salt
�tsp savory
� tsp marjoram

Method

1. Chop the pork, veal and suet finely together, add the breadcrumbs, lemon-peel (which should be well-minced), and a small grated nutmeg.
2. Wash and chop the sage-leaves very finely; add these, with the remaining ingredients, to the sausage meat, and when thoroughly mixed, either put the meat into skins, or, when wanted for table, form it into little cakes, which should be floured and fried.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby Spuddy » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:32 pm

Flippin' heck that's a lot of suet!!!

Gotta be worth a try though.
Spuddy
Site Admin

Recipes

Postby Colin » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:30 am

:D
The Cotswold Cook Book (see earlier in this thread) arrived some while back and I've only now been able to refer to it. The recipes are rather 'nostalgic' and include many things I'd not heard of before. The anecdotal style for each month makes for interesting reading and the picture for October shows The Best 4x4xFar , so all in all it's a book well worth having.

Colin
Sausages are for life not just for breakfast
Colin
Registered Member

Postby Fatman » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:43 am

Colin

I will be in Germany over the next few days , can I bring you anything?

Regards

Fatman
Fatman
Registered Member

Recipes

Postby Colin » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:23 pm

Fatman

I have just read your message; that's a very kind offer! If you are travelling by car, and only if it's really, truly convenient for you, I would like some sausages or good English cheese (note: you are not allowed to import cheese, fish or processed/fresh meats!!) and quality bottled beers, like 'Old Speckled Hen' or 'Fullers Golden Pride'.

You could contact me here at +49 2273 2469 or colin.basham@t-online.de or at work +49 221 144 2948 or colin.basham@globalre.com to discuss.

Colin
Colin
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:57 pm

Thanks Fatman for the recipe below I'm going to give them a try all I've added is the recipe for Quatre-Epices in case people don't know what it is.

Fatman wrote:Fatmans Sausage

10lb pork including about 40% fat.
4 x teaspoons of salt ( heaped)
2 x teaspoons of quatre-epices
Ground black pepper to taste
Also add plenty of parsley, sage or thyme or a mixture of all three.
Add breadcrumbs or rusk if you desire, sometimes I do other times I don't.
If using water, then add no more than a cup full

Oddley wrote:Quatre-Epices

5 parts Pepper
2 parts Nutmeg
1 part Cloves
1 Part Dried Ginger

Mix all ground spices together

I can't promise it will be tommorrow but I'll get back to you and let you know how I found them.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby aris » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:10 pm

Why aren't you allowed to import meat/cheese? What ever happened to the common market?
aris
Site Admin

Postby Oddley » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:33 pm

If anybody decides to scan "The Cotswold Cookbook" put me down for a copy. I would like to have a read of it. Cheers!

It's a worthwhile project as it's out of print. Once it's in electonic format it'll never die.
Oddley
Registered Member

Recipes

Postby Colin » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:29 pm

@ aris
It's not a question of protectionism or similar, the idea is to curb the spread of diseases like foot & mouth by ensuring that exports are tested before they go. The authorities cannot exercise such controls on individuals and simply ban it. I think honey is also on the list of banned imports.

@ Oddley
The paperback book is not all that expensive if you want one - www.elmfieldbooks.co.uk

Colin
Colin
Registered Member

Postby aris » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:56 pm

Colin - can you point me to some sort of online text which describes/confirms this ban? I really don't believe it to be the case. What kind of diseases can cheese bring in?
aris
Site Admin

Postby Colin » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:23 pm

aris
Take a look here:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/illegal ... atfood.htm

I don't know what, if any, diseases may be caused or transmitted by cheese, it's probably just that the authorities wish to combat illegal imports. I can assure you that I see the posters every week at the airport when I fly.

Colin
Colin
Registered Member

Postby Spuddy » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:38 pm

These regulations refer to the importation of produce from OUTSIDE the European Union.
As far as I'm aware there is complete freedom of movement of such goods WITHIN the EU as we are all subject to the same farming regulations and standards.
Spuddy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Sausage Recipes