Pre mixed spices

Recipes for all sausages

Pre mixed spices

Postby Smokehouse2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:05 am

I was wondering what works better I currently use a recipe and measure out individual spices when I make my sausage I am now running a deer processing operation if I make a tub of pre mixed spice blend and then just use the premix . Will I get an even amout of each spice or will different spices settle in the tub causing an un consistent blend ??

5hank you
Chuck
Smokehouse2
Newly Registered

Re: Pre mixed spices

Postby NCPaul » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:28 am

It would probably depend on how different the size is of the spices you are using and on how well you mix them before using. Are you always doing the same size batch? I would always keep the salt separate. Welcome to the forum. :D
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Re: Pre mixed spices

Postby vagreys » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:43 am

Herbs and spices in a mix will always settle and separate to some degree. Even the act of spooning some of the mixture out will cause settling in your mix. Grinding the combined herbs and spices to a uniform texture will help keep it blended. I make pre-mix batches of my common sausage seasonings blends. Well-ground, the spices don't settle to the bottom of the tub. I scale out what I need, and if the sausage needs larger flecks of herb, I add a little crumbled parsley for the visual.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Return to Sausage Recipes