Meat / fat ratio question

Recipes for all sausages

Postby lemonD » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:00 pm

Just to add to the others, your program couldn't have come at a better time.
As a beginner I find it very useful for experimenting when making new recipes in smaller amounts and as Jenny said especailly when using ruskless recipes.
Currently I'm using it to try out the Argentino chirzo recipe.

So Oddley carry on coding useful tools.
lemonD
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:04 pm

Well said!
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby DarrinG » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:36 pm

Personnally I have never needed anything like this before because I get pork trim from my butcher and its usually around 80-90% lean so I never worry have to worry but now that I am expanding on my skills this software will come in handy.

Thanks Oddley

Darrin
DarrinG
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:58 pm

Happy to do it. If you find any bug's in the software let me know and I'll fix it.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby tristar » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:40 am

Hi Oddley,

I would imagine you hard work is much appreciated by all who have used your programmes. It is a nicely polished piece of work. Are you a professional programmer by any chance?

Regards,
Richard
"Don't be shy, just give it a try!"
Food for The Body and The Soul
tristar
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:12 am

Hi tristar,

Thank you, Yes it does take a fair bit of work to get even a small application up to a standard where it can be released. I'm getting on a bit now so am semi retired, but still have to do a bit of work now and again to keep my head above water.

The devil of it is, in the IT world one has to constantly update ones knowledge. ATM I am doing that by learning Visual Basic 2005 it is like a totally new language. Learning a new programming language is akin to learning French or Italian.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby Gill » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:03 am

Many thanks for the program, Oddley. It's going to be very useful.

Gill
Gill
Registered Member

Postby Portly » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:50 pm

Many thanks Oddley. Have only been using the forum for a while and you have already supplied me with 2 great programs which will make life much easier.
Portly
Registered Member

Postby aris » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:55 pm

What did you used to program in before Oddley?
aris
Site Admin

Postby Oddley » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:51 pm

I started on Visual basic 4 Up to Visual Basic 6 which is much the same. VB 2005 is based on the Microsoft .net package. Which is totally new, since the introduction of VB.net. Which I've tried to ignore because it's so much work to learn.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby moggy » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:29 pm

THanks for the explanation Odley, if you have any questions regarding .NET please pm me, I have been programming in it the past couple of year - till being on gardening leave the past couple of weeks - so have plenty time on my hands.
moggy
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:35 pm

Thanks for the offer moggy.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby snorkers_good_oh » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:16 pm

Don`t understand the `puter geekery but looking forward to using the program.......Many thanks Oddley.......Top banana.
"As a youth I used to weep in butchers shops"
snorkers_good_oh
Registered Member

Postby Ianinfrance » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:09 am

Hi Oddley,
Oddley wrote:Hi TJ Buffalo, Yes it is a very handy program.

I don't think many people have downloaded it, or they don't understand it's use. As you can see there are no thank you's apart from your's for providing it free to the forum. The same happened the last time I offered it, I didn't get one reply.

So if the software I produce is not really popular there is no point of offering any in the future. So this is the last of it.

My experience - such as it is - has been that people don't always see things when they first get shown, and often don't choose to go download a piece of kit until they actually need it. I've also written software, so I have a pretty good idea just how much work is involved.

Living in France, where British bangers are conspicuous by their absence, I've been making my own recipe sausages for years and clumsily trying to work out how to calculate the "right" amount of fat. So when I saw the square was available I went to download it right away.... sniff, it's gone.

So - with great respect - would it not be possible to leave it up, so that anyone coming new to these pages can find it? Maybe Franco could even provide a link or something. Any chance guys?
All the best - Ian
"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." c. 2800 BC
Ianinfrance
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:43 am

Hi Ianinfrance,

I have uploaded the persons square program for you and anybody else.

HERE
Oddley
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Sausage Recipes