Game Sausage

Recipes for all sausages

Postby TobyB » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:36 pm

whole or tins of legs?

Frog legs are quite tasy (if a bit pointless as they have so little meat on them) but I'm not sure I could eat a whole one, or indeed have the faintest idea how to cook a whole one either
TobyB
Registered Member

Tinned Frogs

Postby Parson Snows » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:43 pm

TobyB asked
whole or tins of legs?

Whole. If you ever get to Thailand it is quite common to see the street side vendors stir-frying frogs. Typically it's the people in the mid to the North of Thailand (E-sarn etc) that eat them. They are also quite fond of feild rats - basically grain fed rats that really grow as big as a small housecat.

kind regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
There's ten around the table
And food enough for five... Amen
Parson Snows
Registered Member

Re: Game in Thailand

Postby Michelle » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:38 pm

Parson Snows wrote:I just literally stumbled across a supplier in Thailand for

Rabbit
Deer
Partridge
Wild Boar
Ostrich
Crocodile and
Frog

I will probably mess around with the first six, never been much of a frog person

Kind regards

Parson Snows

I am from B.C Canada,when I hear "wild game" I really dont have frog come to mind!LOL We have in our deep freeze Moose,Elk,white tail Deer& lamb,can I use our type of wild game in recipes posted on here calling for Mixed game meat?Best wishes!

Michelle
Michelle
Registered Member

Postby Deer Man » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:47 pm

Georgie, all the game you mentioned is venison(apart from lamb). To have a good mixed game try adding some bird be it pheaseant quail or even pigeon. You have jack rabbits or hares in Canada, they make an excellent addition to a game pie. Not only will you have a good texture but a wonderfull mixed flavour and not just different types of venison. Wild pigeon and doves are too good to ignore and normally very plentifull.
Hope this helps?
Safe Shooting, Good Hunting, Eat Well!
Deer Man
Registered Member

Postby Michelle » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:54 am

Hi Deer Man!Thank you for your time!Yes,lots of rabbits and grouse for me to hunt here.We have alot of different kinds of grouse such as sharp tail,spruce,blue,ruffled&sharp-tailed.We tend to eat alot of them while we are off hunting for our larger game,good stuff!Last fall we got a white tail deer and we made 2 different kinds of salami,2 different kinds of smokies & some pepperoni,wow did we luck out on everything turning out very good! Cant wait till next hunting season!Thanks again!

Michelle
Michelle
Registered Member

Postby Deer Man » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:49 pm

Georgie wrote:Last fall we got a white tail deer and we made 2 different kinds of salami,2 different kinds of smokies & some pepperoni,wow did we luck out on everything turning out very good! Cant wait till next hunting season!Thanks again!

Michelle

How about sharing some of the recipes and techniques? I for one would love to hear them! :D
Safe Shooting, Good Hunting, Eat Well!
Deer Man
Registered Member

Postby welsh wizard » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:20 am

re getting hold of game I may be able to put you in touch with some shoots during the season (Nov - Jan) depending on where you live. you will find that most game keepers will sell you game after a days shooting. I pay, dependant on the time of year, christmas time being the most expensive, between �1 - �2.50 a brace for pheasant, similar price for partridge and �2 - �3 a brace for duck. These are all in the feather but dont let that put you off. taking off the breasts is VERY SIMPLE and quick. I can give instruction on this if needed. Game is a wonderful meat being low in fat and full in flavour and dont let the old tales of game being so strong it tastes like a OxO cube put you off because that is rubbish! If you hang game for a long time the flavour does get stronger but game hung for a week will taste no different to an old fashioned chicken
welsh wizard
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Sausage Recipes