Pork & Choritzo

Recipes for all sausages

Postby johnfb » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:51 am

I used diced uncooked chorizo, so there is no issue as far as I can see.
Pretty tasty too it was.
johnfb
Global Moderator

Postby corromant » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:42 am

grisell wrote:I don't doubt that. I still don't understand this though:

* Is it fresh, hot smoked, cold smoked or dried chorizo in the recipe?

* How is safety affected by the "re-usage" of sausages? What would be the maximum storage time of a "sausage-in-a-sausage"?

* Why grind a spicy sausage, mix with fresh ground meat and then season again when you can just season the ground meat and skip the ingoing sausage?

· I used dried chorizo in mine.

· As the chorizo used was shop bought & had a long BB date, I don’t see any problem & I treated the sausage I made as I would any other fresh sausage.

· I think I understand this to mean why put the chorizo in at all, well if you didn’t then it would be just plain pork sausage, which would seem to defeat the object of it being a pork & chorizo sausage.

I posted the recipe because I & everyone else who has tasted it thought it was delicious.

If your unhappy with it then don’t bother trying it, but I think that is your loss.

corromant
Registered Member

Postby grisell » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:53 am

Aha! Dried chorizo that is. Then it makes sense. :D That would be impossible to duplicate with seasonings only. I thought you meant fresh chorizo. It isn't obvious in the recipe.

I'm sure it tastes well.
André

I have a simple taste - I'm always satisfied with the best.
grisell
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:45 am

It's obvious to everybody else :(
Curing is not an exact science... So it's not a sin to bin.

Great hams, from little acorns grow...
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby grisell » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 am

saucisson wrote:It's obvious to everybody else :(

Obvious from where? Not to me and evidently not to johnfb.

johnfb wrote:I diced 200grm of smoked chorizo in with the pork and cooked it as a meatloaf.
[---]
André

grisell
Registered Member

Postby johnfb » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:45 pm

grisell wrote:
saucisson wrote:It's obvious to everybody else :(

Obvious from where? Not to me and evidently not to johnfb.

johnfb wrote:I diced 200grm of smoked chorizo in with the pork and cooked it as a meatloaf.
[---]

Please refrain from commenting on whether I understand a recipe or not, Andre.
I adjusted the recipe to suit my needs added other ingredients and made a meatloaf out of it, you do seem to want to use me as some kind of strawman argument for your own purposes.
You have already irritated one member on this thread, please stop there!
johnfb
Global Moderator

Postby grisell » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:22 pm

How should I have known that you adjusted the recipe? The recipe does not state what kind of chorizo, and your using smoked chorizo didn't really eliminate my confusion.

I asked the question "Is it fresh, hot smoked, cold smoked or dried chorizo in the recipe?" I also raised the questions about food safety and the advantage of using a sausage in a sausage. These questions were based on the assumption of fresh chorizo. If those entries were enough to irritate the community, I'm not really sure what to say... :?

Do we have a language problem? In Swedish, chorizo is any kind of chorizo; fresh, hot smoked, cold smoked or dried. Is it understood in English that it is dried?
André

grisell
Registered Member

Postby johnfb » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:36 pm

grisell wrote:How should I have known that you adjusted the recipe? The recipe does not state what kind of chorizo, and your using smoked chorizo didn't really eliminate my confusion.

I asked the question "Is it fresh, hot smoked, cold smoked or dried chorizo in the recipe?" I also raised the questions about food safety and the advantage of using a sausage in a sausage. These questions were based on the assumption of fresh chorizo. If those entries were enough to irritate the community, I'm not really sure what to say... :?

Do we have a language problem? In Swedish, chorizo is any kind of chorizo; fresh, hot smoked, cold smoked or dried. Is it understood in English that it is dried?

I posted twice on the changes I made, that's how you would know I changed the recipe.
I read the OP and thought the recipe looked interesting and then changed it to suit my needs...., this is far from a language issue and trying to downplay it to that is nonsense.
Use the recipe as posted or change it to suit, or don't use it at all.
I decided to dice it, that is not in the OP, so what, it's what I wanted to do.
johnfb
Global Moderator

Postby johnfb » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:40 pm

grisell wrote:

?

I don't think it is the questions asked, as that is what we are all here for, but possibly the way in which they are asked.
johnfb
Global Moderator

Postby grisell » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:09 am

johnfb wrote:
I don't think it is the questions asked, as that is what we are all here for, but possibly the way in which they are asked.

Again: I'm sorry if I have irritated someone. I just wanted a clarification of the recipe and raise the question about food safety. Maybe I expressed myself bluntly. It was by no means intentional. :(
André

grisell
Registered Member

Postby johnfb » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 am

grisell wrote:
johnfb wrote:

Again: I'm sorry if I have irritated someone. I just wanted a clarification of the recipe and raise the question about food safety. Maybe I expressed myself bluntly. It was by no means intentional. :(

We are all sorted then, let's move on to more cooking.
johnfb
Global Moderator

Postby crustyo44 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:16 am

Hallelujah,
At least now I can make corromant's pork and chorizo sausage recipe.
Regards,
Jan.
crustyo44
Registered Member

Postby johnfb » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:20 am

crustyo44 wrote:Hallelujah,
At least now I can make corromant's pork and chorizo sausage recipe.
Regards,
Jan.

:lol:
johnfb
Global Moderator

Postby georgebaker » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:23 am

Hi
The chorizo was shop bought, air dried, and i left it in dice.

My OH had no problem with the recipe, method or frozen storage and she is a UK trained and was practising EHO but had not done food for a while

George
georgebaker
Registered Member

Re:

Postby RehctubUK » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:46 pm

corromant wrote:After seeing your recipe this was my attempt. Tasted dam good a definite do again.

Pork & Chorizo 1000gm pork
170gm Chorizo, mine came from Aldi
100gm breadcrumbs
120gm water
12gm salt
2.5gr black pepper
2.5gm white pepper
5gm paprika

Chorizo (skin removed) was minced along with the pork, then was everything mixed together till sticky & stuffed into hog casings.

I made this recipe exactly as instructed (I used diced cooking chorizo sausage). . .

AMAZING! Everybody who tasted them loved them and the people who didn't taste them bought some in pure delight of their visual appeal.

A total winner of a recipe. Highly recommended!
RehctubUK
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Sausage Recipes