Venison

Recipes for all sausages

Postby aris » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:41 pm

Deer Man - are you a deer manager?

Essex isn't too far from me - i'm in Hertfordshire. I too don't have much freezer space at the moment either - and I think my wife would divorce me if I brought home a deer carcass (with the skin on) :-) :-)
aris
Site Admin

Postby Erikht » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:12 pm

TobyB wrote:Or alternatively nip down to your local off licence or supermarket and buy a bottle :wink:

Ericht, if you really do make your own hats off to you. I'll have to give it a try. Don't know why I haven't done so in the past, I guess it just never occurred to me and there always seem to be excess blackcurrents around at the end of the season

I do make my own. And quite frankly, it's not much work, really. Most of the time making sirop de cassis is just waiting, the actual workingtime needed is the same as for jam, more or less. The use of heat is also minimal. The wine cost a bit, but you can use a home made(from the very same black currants, actually).

If you like this sort of things, I started this thread at rivercottage.net. Take a look. I will put in more later, among other things liquer de cassis.

http://forum.rivercottage.net/viewtopic.php?t=8474
Erikht
Global Moderator

Postby Deer Man » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:57 pm

Aris, yes I do manage deer and yes your wife might flip if you bring a beast home :twisted:
Safe Shooting, Good Hunting, Eat Well!
Deer Man
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Sausage Recipes