ISO: Oddley

Recipes for all sausages

ISO: Oddley

Postby deb » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:19 pm

Hi Oddley, I'm going to be giving your "Chilli Willies" a go soon (when I get a decent sausage gun sorted!!) and was having a look at the recipe. A couple of questions came to mind.

Which meet combo did you prefer, the all pork or the pork and beef mix and why?

Does the chiili paste you made make them very hot? I like a bit of heat but am one of those people that can't take their food very hot, just need to know so I can adjust the chilli content.

And lastly, have you tried freezing any yet and if so how did they turn out?

Thanks.
Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted
deb
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:26 pm

Hi deb the chilli willies are about the best sausage I've made so far. I'll answer your questions one by one I hope you don't mind. I don't want to come across too pedantic about it.

deb wrote:Which meet combo did you prefer, the all pork or the pork and beef mix and why?

I liked both and still can't be absolutely sure which I liked the best. I suppose if you tied me down and beat me I would say the all pork.

The Pork was rich and sumptuous in flavour a little sensuous. Whereas the beef were more full bodied with plenty of flavour and of a meaty bite. My wife absolutely loved the pork ones best.

deb wrote:Does the chilli paste you made make them very hot? I like a bit of heat but am one of those people that can't take their food very hot, just need to know so I can adjust the chilli content.

My wife is like you she likes a bit of spice but nothing overpowering. I intended the sausages to meet this criteria so if they come out to hot you have used too much chilli.

I used fresh red chilli and as you know these vary enormously from batch to batch the way I test them is I cut off a small bit and taste it. The ones I used for my recipe were about 5 inches long and about 5 - 6 out of 10 hot.

deb wrote:And lastly, have you tried freezing any yet and if so how did they turn out?

I have frozen some and I must admit the flavour and body are affected slightly. The flavour is not as intense and the body not as pronounced. But they are still very good. I will very shortly be making more and freezing them. I am this time going to vacuum pack them hoping they will be more like the fresh ones.

If I can give one piece of advice is, if you can follow the recipe exactly especially the paste. At least the first time anyway.

I hope they come out as good as the ones I have made.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby deb » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:59 am

Thanks for the answers Oddley.

I think I'll go for all pork, I'm not sure if I like sausages with beef in or not, have to see how I go regards the chilli and as we won't eat them all I'll have to try some frozen.
Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted
deb
Registered Member

Return to Sausage Recipes