Lorne Sausage

Recipes for all sausages

Lorne

Postby Maryhillgull » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:25 pm

Most commercial Lorne up here contains a great deal of fat which at least gives you something to fry your egg and tatty scone in before you have a coronary.

But there is nothing better on a Sunday morning than a roll and sausage with brown sauce and a can of irn bru, especially after a few drinks the night before.

Cheers
mmmmmmm Sausages!
Maryhillgull
Registered Member

Re: Lorne

Postby Lee » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:01 am

Maryhillgull wrote:Most commercial Lorne up here contains a great deal of fat which at least gives you something to fry your egg and tatty scone in before you have a coronary.

But there is nothing better on a Sunday morning than a roll and sausage with brown sauce and a can of irn bru, especially after a few drinks the night before.

Cheers

Oh, I could murder that right now...... :D
Lee
Registered Member

Re: Lorne

Postby hoggie » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:49 am

Lee wrote:
Maryhillgull wrote:Most commercial Lorne up here contains a great deal of fat which at least gives you something to fry your egg and tatty scone in before you have a coronary.

Cheers

Oh, I could murder that right now...... :D

and i second that
hoggie
Registered Member

the lorne sausage recipe

Postby tartan teapot » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:19 am

8) Hey all! 8)
Way cool, n big ta tae ye all for the recipe and info on the lorne sausage. Here I am, way across the water fae ma wonderful homeland, and it's utterly truthful to say, that no matter where us Scots are,or how long we're outta the country, the one thing we miss is the 'Morton's roll (accept no other!) wi' a decent slicea Lorne sausage, fried onions, n a splasha brown sauce. This can be amended to what's known as a 'Double Decker or Triple Decker' which in my case would be Lorne, black puddin' and a tottie scone. Now seein' as onea my friends was home yesterday, they happened to bring me a blocka lorne and in ma freezer from my family visiting last week, is the amazing black pudding and a few packets a tottie scones. A true culinary experience ..... if yer a Scot! lol :D I cook non stop, especially all that is Scottish as I miss my home and culture so so much and never take it for granted, so thanks for this recipe which I am gonna carry out and report back. Best wishes to all on board.

Tartan Teapot
:-D RESPECT THE HAGGIS! :-D
tartan teapot
Registered Member

Postby NCPaul » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:10 am

Welcome to the forum. :D
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby tartan teapot » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi There! :)
Thanks for the welcome. It was nice a ya to come in and greet me.

TT
:-D RESPECT THE HAGGIS! :-D
tartan teapot
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Sausage Recipes