Salami Jésus de Lyon

Recipes for all sausages

Postby grisell » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:49 am

More Jésus de Lyon:

Today was a good price for pork shoulder so I bought five kilos. After trimming there were four kilos left (which explains the low price...). Added a kilo of diced back fat and half a bottle of white wine, reduced by half with some cloves and a whole garlic. Some pepper too. The small ones on the left are what was over after filling the beef bung. The smaller ones will be ready to eat in 1½ month, the larger will take two to three. They are now fermenting and have been inoculated with salami mould. Temperature and humidity will soon rise to 21 C and 90 %. Sorry for the lousy tying. :oops: I can do better but I was tired.

André

I have a simple taste - I'm always satisfied with the best.
grisell
Registered Member

Postby grisell » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:34 am

So, after about 4½ months, I decided to try the largest of those above. The taste is very good, but it's still soft in the very center (clearly visible in the second picture). It's not case-hardened though. The firmness is constant out to the periphery. I will leave it for one-two more months.

André

grisell
Registered Member

Postby grisell » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:49 pm

So now, after nearly nine months, I decided that it was ready (or what's left of it). The taste is much better and fully mature. It's dry, but not too dry.

It seems that I was sloppy when stuffing (I remember that I was very tired that evening). It looks like a grotto running through the whole length of the two salamis. Hopefully, those air pockets are just a cosmetic fault, nothing hazardous. You can see that the mould has penetrated all to the inside and covered the surface of the "grotto".

Before slicing:

Some slices to be eaten at once:

Sliced, vac packed and ready for freezing:

Last edited by grisell on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
André

grisell
Registered Member

Postby Vindii » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:09 pm

Looks good. Thanks for posting the pics.
Vindii
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Sausage Recipes