Bhut Jolokia or better know as Ghost Pepper

Recipes for all sausages

Postby wheels » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Yep mitchamus, that's the way to do it! :lol: :lol:
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby shanew » Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 pm

I've been away far too long so excuse jumping on this post so late.
I've been growing Bhuts for a few years as has Wilf who runs the excellent chillisgalore website. I've tried Bhut or ghost pepper or any of the other names they have in sausages and burgers a few times, you will find that a lot of the heat comes out with the cooking as the capsaicin blends with the meat fats and renders out during cooking. I can highly recommend Len Polis recipes for both jamaican pork and the chicken with basil and apple juice and replace the chillis with a couple of bhuts in both instances. I've made a really nice chilli beef sausage I will post the recipe for when i find my note book.
Save the enviroment, we cant afford to loose more animals, what will we use for variety in sausges, i for one would have liked a dodo banger!
shanew
Registered Member

ghost pepper salt

Postby porkslapper » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:58 am

The spice shoppe here sells ghost pepper salt, and i know they sell it online. just sub in this salt for the 3-4 tbsp that you would normally use and save yourself the literal headache of grinding ghost chiles or messing around reconstituting them and then seeding them and then forgetting to wash your hands. :shock: the salt has the heat, the prestige, and - most importantly- ythe flavor. there's my two cents.
porkslapper
Registered Member

Postby Billy Rhomboid » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:42 pm

I think this thread divides between people who read on Google the 'relative heat of various types of chilli and chilli sauces, and people who are chilli heads.

Chilli-heads tend to have a tolerance for heat way above people who are not, and with the heat tolerance comes the ability to distinguish the subtler differences and depth of flavour of habaneros, scotch bonnets, ghost peppers etc. Non-chilli-heads can detect heat any nothing else.

I make a lot of very hot chorizo-type and also smoked Polish-tyle sausage. I use varying amounts of different chillis, in pepper, liquid and ground form.

My most recent success is using smoked ghost peppers from Kernow Chilli Company. Highly recommended.
Billy Rhomboid
Registered Member

Postby JerBear » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:22 am

Billy Rhomboid wrote:Non-chilli-heads can detect heat any nothing else.

Guilty as charged...
JerBear
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Sausage Recipes