Pork & Black Pudding

1000gm pork minced
100g black pudding
100gm breadcrumbs
120gm water
12gm salt
2.5gr black pepper
2.5gm white pepper

The black pudding that you use makes the world of difference to this, its well worth getting some good quality stuff.

I chop the BP & add most of it at the end of mixing.
corromant
Registered Member

Postby yotmon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Does this recipe give a sausage type flavour and texture, or does the black pudding dominate ?

Ste'.
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby corromant » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:43 pm

This is most deffinatly sausage with a good hint of black pudding.
corromant
Registered Member

Postby largewhite » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Tried the recipe, excellent results, especially for breakfast. Thanks.
Regards, Lw
food is not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.......gw
largewhite
Registered Member

Postby tomwal » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:55 pm

yotmon wrote:Does this recipe give a sausage type flavour and texture, or does the black pudding dominate ?

Ste'.

Hiya Ste, I have made a similar recipe a few times, the texture has always been very soft, but absolutely delicous, I also use my own black pudding.

Wal
tomwal
Registered Member

Postby corromant » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:42 pm

largewhite wrote:Tried the recipe, excellent results, especially for breakfast. Thanks.
Regards, Lw

Thanks for the feedback, nice to know that someone else liked them.

Conrad
corromant
Registered Member

Postby Richpea » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:45 am

Looks like a lovely recipe! A friend has asked me to make him some pork, black pudding and mushroom sausages. I think I'll use this recipe as a starting point but I'm wondering what ratio of mushrooms to put in? Was thinking about 80/10/10 in terms of pork/pudding/mushroom - what do you think?

Has anyone tried putting mushroom into sausages? Is it best just to chop them small and leave them raw, given the process of cooking the sausage will cook the mushroom? Or should they be cooked first? Sorry if that's a 101 question, I'm new to all this! Thanks!
Richpea
Newly Registered

Postby largewhite » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Sounds an interesting proposition Richpea. I think that you may need more mushrooms adding as the flavour could be lost, but as it is very absorbant it could be worthwhile reducing the bread content.
I think that finely chopping the mushrooms would be my preference and raw ones would absorb the juices better, but it's down to trial and error again.
Please post your results, they sound good and definately one to consider in the future.
Regards, Lw.
food is not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.......gw
largewhite
Registered Member

Postby onewheeler » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:57 pm

I'd be tempted to use dried but rehydrated mushrooms chopped fine - shitake or ceps. They would give more flavour and release less water when cooked.

Martin/
onewheeler
Registered Member

Postby tomwal » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Richpea wrote:Looks like a lovely recipe! A friend has asked me to make him some pork, black pudding and mushroom sausages. I think I'll use this recipe as a starting point but I'm wondering what ratio of mushrooms to put in? Was thinking about 80/10/10 in terms of pork/pudding/mushroom - what do you think?

Has anyone tried putting mushroom into sausages? Is it best just to chop them small and leave them raw, given the process of cooking the sausage will cook the mushroom? Or should they be cooked first? Sorry if that's a 101 question, I'm new to all this! Thanks!

Hiya richpea, let us know how you get on with this recipe, FWIW I would probably saute the mushrooms very slowly first and use a selection of wild mushrooms chopped up small once cooked.

Wal
tomwal
Registered Member

Return to Sausage Recipes