Red Pepper

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Red Pepper

Postby Oddley » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:12 pm

I have just been looking at othmar's recipe for bratwurst. he has listed red pepper. Can anyone tell me what exactly what it is, is it chilli powder, paprika, what!

Cheers all.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby pawclaws » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:10 pm

Best ask Othmar! :D This is probably a cultural thing. Here in the US when one calls for "red pepper" one is generally speaking of cayenne pepper powder. If I bump into Othmar on the net I'll ask him to check this thread. :D (For a butcher, he is quite a cook!) 8)
Phil Foreman
AKA Pawclaws or
Sgt Kass Irons, CSA
Instructor of Cooks and QM, Mosby's Raiders
www.ohiocampcooks.org
pawclaws
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:24 pm

Thanks pawclaws.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby pawclaws » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:40 pm

Welcome! Say, I just e-mailed him alerting him to your inquiry. It may be a while before he replies. Last I spoke with him he was spending a lot of time in the field. (For a butcher, he is also quite a hunter!) :D
Phil Foreman
AKA Pawclaws or
Sgt Kass Irons, CSA
Instructor of Cooks and QM, Mosby's Raiders
www.ohiocampcooks.org
pawclaws
Registered Member

Postby othmar » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:34 am

Hi Oddley.

I haven't been here in quit some time, how time flies by.

Indeed I have been very busy with various projects one of which is that I am also a hunter and write about hunting. As we aproach Christmas business gets hectic too.

Pawclaws sent me an email alerting me to your post, what a pal he is. I looked it over on my website once again but the only recipe of Bratwurst I have on there is the Swiss Style Bratwurst and it asks for normal white ground pepper not red pepper? Is it possible you mixed it up with another recipe?
Meat is good and healthy Master Butchers Choice
othmar
Registered Member

Postby othmar » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:38 am

pawclaws wrote:Welcome! Say, I just e-mailed him alerting him to your inquiry. It may be a while before he replies. Last I spoke with him he was spending a lot of time in the field. (For a butcher, he is also quite a hunter!) :D

Hey Pawclaws you are a real pal. Thanks for the email which I will answer tonight. Actually I have not been out as much as I would have liked. There are still so much work to be done to finish my new hunting website and then I had some hunting seminars wich is strange at this time of year.
Meat is good and healthy Master Butchers Choice
othmar
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:12 am

Hi othmar

You are perfectly correct, where I got the red pepper from I don't know. I must have copied your recipe down wrong, so it is a good job I enquired about red pepper. Thanks to Pawclaws who was as good as his word and contacted you.

BTW othmar the website is looking really good.
Oddley
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general