Guinness Sausage?

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Guinness Sausage?

Postby Upsidasium » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:59 pm

Hey Folks.. I just looked through about 500 different matches on google, and found this place. And what a find it is....

I am looking for some advice on making Guinness sausage. Amounts to add, do i need to reduce it.. things like that.

Have found a ton of uk mentions of it, but no recipies. I even posted a number of times on Craigslist.

Maybe I'll have better luck here.
"I Gotta Rock!" -Charlie Brown-
Upsidasium
Registered Member

Postby sausagemaker » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:08 pm

Hi Upsidasium

Welcome to the forum, please look at the link below it may help

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopi ... light=beer

Regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Thanks Sausagemaker

Postby Upsidasium » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:20 am

Advice taken, and it turned out well. I reduced 6-12 oz bottles of a stout from Oregon. This went down to about 5 oz. Used a mixture of beef, chicken thighs, and pork fat. Spiced by taste w/nutmeg, allspice, mace, dried parsley, and a little chix-granules for taste.

I can see how the flavor might be masked by prune or other flavor. I kept it simple. My additive was roasted potato.

Just a note: I had thought to date that there was nothing I could do in an Asian Market that would raise an eyebrow. Any butcher where I can buy pig uterus and chicken feet... well, that speaks for itself. Everytime I ask these guys for pig fat, they turn thier backs and laugh among themselves. What an honor...

Ground it today, will case it tommorow.

This sausage is virtually unheard of in US. I think it might be a big hit.

Also made a pork-pumpkin w/whiskey. More on that later.

Time for a bottle of stout.
"I Gotta Rock!" -Charlie Brown-
Upsidasium
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general