Authentic Turkish shish Kebab

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Authentic Turkish shish Kebab

Postby petit couchon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:17 pm

It's the begining of summer so I thought i would post this.

Chicken kebabs Turkish kebab shop style
4 large chicken breasts.
1 Onion.
3 Crushed garlic cloves.
1-Tablespoon tomato paste.
1-cup of plain yogurt.
2- Table spoons lemon juice.
2- Table spoons veg oil.
1-Tablespoon salt.
1- Teaspoon ground cumin.
1-Teaspoon paprika.
Small sprinkle of cinnamon.
Half Teaspoon of black pepper.
1-Tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder. (This I like for the color, flavor and medium heat, alternatively use 1-Teaspoon of cayenne pepper if you do not have Kashmiri)
Cut the chicken breasts into roughly 1” cubes, trying to make them as equal as possible so that they cook even.
If you need to make more simply double the quantity of ingredients.
Roughly, slice or dice the onion, and crush the garlic cloves
In a large zip bag, place the chicken and all of the above ingredients, close the bag, making sure that it is firmly sealed before mixing the chicken and spices thoroughly together.
Keep refrigerated for 24 hours, prior to serving light your BBQ and then put about 6 pieces on each FLAT skewer then grill on direct heat turning every 30 sec until cooked, then serve in pitta bread with salad or just eat as is.
You and your friends and family will really love the recipe I guarantee, you won’t buy this ever again from a Kebab shop.
petit couchon
Registered Member

Re: Authentic Turkish shish Kebab

Postby homer » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:46 pm

no sumac?
Other half moaned on about me finding new hobbies ..found this site..now she's sorry!!
homer
Registered Member

Re: Authentic Turkish shish Kebab

Postby YakForger38 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:59 am

Eh, I sometimes do kebab by myself, but I still buy from shops; when I'm traveling with my family or on a professional trip, I don't necessarily carry all of these ingredients and a refrigerator around for 24 hours :mrgreen:

On a more serious note, I can confirm that this recipe is worth trying, the result's delicious.
By the way, you can try it with turkey or mutton as well, it always turns out great. Pork could be delicious as well, but pork kebab is quite the heresy :lol:
YakForger38
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general