Ghost Dopiaza (Lamb and onion curry)

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Ghost Dopiaza (Lamb and onion curry)

Postby grisell » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:39 am

600 g lamb in pieces was browned and cooked ready in a little water. Two onions and one green bell pepper were browned in some ghee. One tbsp each of grated garlic and ginger fried in some oil. Added 1 tsp tomato purée, 1 tsp cayenne pepper and 1 tbsp chili flakes. Added one tbsp of curry mix, a chopped fresh tomato and some basic curry sauce. Added the stock from the lamb. Reduced. Added some dried fenugreek leaves and coriander stems. Cooked and reduced. Finally added the meat and the fried onion/pepper and garnished with some coriander leaves.

Medium hot and just fabulous! :D Once again thanks to johnfb for providing me with the recipes for curry mix and curry sauce. They are available on his blog http://propereatingbetterliving.blogspot.com/ and highly recommended.

André

I have a simple taste - I'm always satisfied with the best.
grisell
Registered Member

Postby johnfb » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:24 am

Well done grisell, you are cooking up a storm there...lovely looking curry.
Let me know if you want any more recipes and I will PM them to you.
john
johnfb
Global Moderator

Postby grisell » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:35 am

johnfb wrote:Well done grisell, you are cooking up a storm there...lovely looking curry.
Let me know if you want any more recipes and I will PM them to you.
john

Thanks! I have enough recipes for a good while now, but I'll be back to you when I run out of them. :wink:
André

I have a simple taste - I'm always satisfied with the best.
grisell
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general