Rubs and Marinades

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Postby Heather » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:57 pm

Deb,

Nandos marinades and sauces are available in many supermarkets, I got the posted recipe off another forum and it is good.

I try, wherever possible, to cook my peri-peri chicken in the chiminea, in an oven pan over quite a hot heat, turning once, maybe twice and cooking for about an hour or so. Hard to beat!
Heather
Registered Member

Postby deb » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:59 pm

Heather,

My problem with the Nando's sauces is that my hubby can't eat garlic and they pretty much all have it in them. I will be giving your recipe a go very soon, probably over the weekend. I only have a small Chiminea so will either cook it on the Barbi or indoors on a ridge griddle.

Thanks for the recipe. Tried and tested are always best.
Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted
deb
Registered Member

Postby Heather » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:34 pm

Deb,

I presume then that you'll just leave the garlic out the recipe then, not sure how it will taste, as I almost eat garlic as a food group!

Enjoy.
Heather
Registered Member

Postby deb » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:14 pm

I'm pretty much with you on the garlic. I love it. I'm quite used to leaving it out now, in some things you don't notice but some you do it's just a case of giving it a try.
deb
Registered Member

peri peri sauce

Postby Zulululu » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi,
Heres how I do my peri peri sauce got it from a Mozambiquecan chef years ago some of you that have visited there will remember it.
Red chillies
Red sweet peppers.
Garlic
Flat leaf parsley.
Olive oil.
Lemon and lemon rind.
Mash chillies and deseeded sweet peppers,crush garlic . Chop parsley fine , grate lemon rind fine and sqeeze out juice .
Mix all ingredients in a pot and heat until boiling point , place in sterile jar and allow to mature for a week or so in fridge. You should have a thick paste , break it down by adding olive oil to your taste.
Milder version add more sweet pepper.
Hot version more chillie.
I use fresh birds eye chillies.
Zulululu
Registered Member

Postby deb » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:46 am

Thanks Zulululu. Another one for me to try.
deb
Registered Member

Postby aris » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:41 pm

Those Mozambiquean birds eye chilles are LETHAL! Someone gave me some in SA once, and I made a chille sauce out of it. If Bush had found this stuff in Iraq, they could have claimed to have found WMD - whoa! :oops: :lol:
aris
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Cookery in general