Basic Sausagemaking Tutorial

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Postby Paul Kribs » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:22 pm

Simon

If you have no joy playing the clip through your browser then PM me your email address and I will mail you the file, it is only 2 meg. That way you will have the clip and can try with whatever programs you can find.
GL with the pig.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby othmar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:07 am

Yes Paul you did a great job with your sausage linking tutorial. I have looked at it several times now and it is flawless and easy to see. Don't worry to much about the file quality, the important aspect is that one can see how it is done. The other day watched a game field dressing video, top notch production quality but you couldn't see a dam thing the guy was doing at least half of the video they showed the guys face talking and by the time the camera swang back to the deer it was halfway done :shock:

As I told you in an email once my new website is up I am going to make a direct link from my website to your sausage linking tutorial. I am not bragging but it is going to be a very nice website with tons more information on it and a few surprises which will benefit SausagemakingOrg. too.

I can see we have more Canadians on board here,eh.

Watch out the Canadians slowely take over the world. :lol:
Meat is good and healthy Master Butchers Choice
othmar
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:23 am

othmar

Thanks for the 'praise'. It has invoked quite a good response and thus I feel my contribution was worth the effort. The clip was made as an endeavour to make it as easy as possible to follow the sequence. As you well know, linking sausages has got to be one of the hardest things to explain, and the only real way to do it is to 'show' it being done as slowly and clearly as possible. Speed and efficiency will follow with practise. I had to keep in mind that I was doing it towards a camera and try to show the best view.

I have also noticed more people from across the pond are contibuting to the forum. All good stuff, as we all learn from each other.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby othmar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:31 am

I agree with you 100% my sausage making friend.

Now I go to bed. my computer world clock tells me that in England it is now afternoon. Here in my corner of Canada it is 4 am. I can't belief that I sat all night on the computer visiting forums doing my new website and updating my blogg. Yes I have become a blogger too, can you belief that. I must be crazy. Anyway good night to you all and happy sausage making.
Meat is good and healthy Master Butchers Choice
othmar
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Hi Paul,

As with the sausage making, I shall follow your bacon curing tutorial to the letter and hopefully I'll have a success on my hands. It's reassuring to know there are so many people out there willing to help.

Regarding your other topics, my dad is a 1st World War aeronautical historian of some renown. I grew up in a small house in London with bits of 1 in 72nd scale model aircraft hanging to dry or just not to be touched. We existed on the edges of the room! These models are in the Imperial War Museum, probably now at Duxford. After writing two difinitive works with his partner Peter Grosz, he is still busy writing articles on K flying boats for theWindsock, a modellers magazine. He is well into his 80's and a great old guy.

Loved your planes

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:34 pm

I followed Pauls bacon tutorial and have made somne great tasting bacon.

You can add some smoke powder to it to get a nice smoked bacon taste but as it is it is very nice.

I used a piece of rolled loin from Tesco's weighing about 2Kg and unrolled it
and after rubbing in 80gms of cure#1 I sealed it in a vacuum pack.

It doesn't shrink at all when it is cooking.

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:38 pm

Jen

You should have no problems with the bacon, you won't believe how easy it is.. no more white frothy gunk when cooking. I generally use belly for streaky, and loin and collar. I alternate with the organic cure and just add hickory powder to it at 3 grams per kilo of meat/fat if I want smoked. I use the organic cure, not because the pork is organic, but because I like the flavour of the finished product more than the others.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:46 pm

Thanks for that guys, decent bacon here we come!

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Beginners