sausage maker dumb questions

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

sausage maker dumb questions

Postby bobbyr » Sat May 11, 2019 12:01 am

Hi there, are there any manual sausage making machines that mince and fill sausage at the same time? A few different shops are selling machines that you have to stop and switch the mincer blade out and put a funnel in. I was hoping you could have both attached at the same time or am I not understanding

The other thing was that these manual sausage making machines don't have much filling capacity in their entry chute, so do you know of any attachments such as a funnels that fit on top of the entry opening, allowing you to place a lot more meat above the machine and not have to constantly top it up with small handfuls.

Regards
Bob
bobbyr
Newly Registered

Re: sausage maker dumb questions

Postby NCPaul » Sat May 11, 2019 11:00 am

Welcome to the forum. :D There isn't a machine that grinds then stuffs because in between those two steps the meat needs to be mixed with the seasonings and to develop the bind (which holds the sausage together). We recommend a meat grinder, either manual or electric, and a separate sausage stuffer. If this is a lot to purchase at once, get just a grinder, there are a lot of sausages you can make without stuffing. The small chute keeps the load on the motor or person at a minimum. You won't see large hoppers until you see large machines.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby bobbyr » Sun May 12, 2019 4:40 am

Thank you. I've just read a few more articles and your advice now makes complete sense.
bobbyr
Newly Registered

Postby wheels » Sun May 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi, welcome. Just to welcome you and say that I would also do as NcPaul has advised.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Return to Beginners