Bulk sausage making help

Tips and tecniques on dryng drying, curing etc.

Re: Bulk sausage making help

Postby shanew » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:02 am

Cheers Goaty,

I've got an account with Weddle in Leeds. They were happy to give me a cash account so I normally use them for my skins and pork loins. 25kg is far more then I could use before it went rancid and from past experience it didn't freeze well at all. I did however get some Pork shoulder from Morrisons at the weekend, on offer at £1.75 p/kg and to my surprise It had a good inch of hard fat so I've knocked up a batch of pork pies and some sausage for this week's match
Save the enviroment, we cant afford to loose more animals, what will we use for variety in sausges, i for one would have liked a dodo banger!
shanew
Registered Member

Re: Bulk sausage making help

Postby yotmon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:05 pm

I saw this pork in Morrisons Bolton and looked like the 'cushion' from the shoulder. it was boneless and had all the rind and fat removed. The butcher wasn't there to ask for some fat so i left it at that.
This week they are offering 525g of mince pork @£1.00 a pack, but it only contains 13% fat, so maybe back to square one !
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Sausage Making Techniques