tartaric acid

General Cheese making discussion

tartaric acid

Postby Realcat » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:13 am

Hopefully have the right name, know it had tartar in it. What is it, and can I buy it in France, if so what is it called. Or what can I substitute for it? Many thanks
A sow is for life a boar is for eating
Registered Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: France

Postby jenny_haddow » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:21 am

Tartaric acid is usually used in baking as a raising agent amonst other things, and should be easily available in France in the home baking section of the supermarkets. I'm trying to work out what application it would have in cheese making, any ideas Rik?
User avatar
Registered Member
Posts: 1325
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Cambridgeshire and France

Return to Cheese Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest