Experiment Results.......

General Cheese making discussion

Experiment Results.......

Postby Mike D » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:18 am

A couple of days back I experimented with a basic Lancashire and put finely chopped sweet red pepper, red chilli pepper and black pepper in it at the pressing/salting stage. Before adding the peppers I put them in a pan of vigorously boiling water for a couple of minutes and then left to cool.

I'm going to leave it a couple of days to mature a bit and then see what it is like. Don't know what the shelf life of the veg will be, so best eat it quickly!


I'll let you know in a few days how it is.

One thing I have noticed is that I'm getting a greater yield from Morrisons milk, than I was with Tesco milk. I have had to change my mould from a 850g New Potatoes tin to a larger can that contained a homebrew kit.

User avatar
Mike D
Registered Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:07 pm
Location: Border of Bury/Bolton up on the moors, Lancashire, England

Postby BlueCheese » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:00 pm

That looks real good!!! nice slab between some bread and yum yum ;)
<a href="http://www3.telus.net/public/hsource/cheesemaking/">The Cheese Hole</a>
User avatar
Registered Member
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:16 pm
Location: Canada,AB

Return to Cheese Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest