Pancetta

Air dried cured meat and salami recipes

Postby Terry » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:37 pm

I also have to take care with my diet due to high cholestrol but I'm beginning to think it's more hereditary than anything else. At least this is natural fat and not hydrogenated cr*p. I was being really good until I found this site! I made some brawn yesterday too.

Terry
Terry
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm

Brawn is superb, I am collecting another 1/2 pig on tuesday, and the pointed end will transform into brawn.. Crusty bread and thick butter with a thick slice of brawn.. hows the cholestoral now??? It's OK in moderation, so says someone who has put on nearly 1 1/2 stones..

Live to eat, don't eat to live..

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby Terry » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:37 pm

It was 8.1 back in February and I am due another check now. It's quite high I know but my "good" cholesterol was high too, so the overall ratio between good and bad was not too bad, but still on the high side.
I am careful what I eat. No pies, pastries, sausage ( although I have now bought casings and mix from here so I can control the fat) very little butter and if I eat processed food always check that it is low in fat or at least high in monounsaturates. I restrict my bacon to twice a week,so if the next reading hasn't improved, I think I will give up! Suppose I should eat more fruit and do some exercise though.

rgds
Terry
Terry
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Recipes for cured meats