Commercial Charcuterie Recipes

Air dried cured meat and salami recipes

Commercial Charcuterie Recipes

Postby wheels » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:04 pm

I came across this series of seven articles today. Each page has link to a couple or three of of the featured chef's recipes:

http://www.starchefs.com/features/trend ... ndex.shtml

It may be of interest.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby the chorizo kid » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:01 pm

thanks. some of these look great. i have a 5 lifetime supply of applewood, so am going to try the bacon, plus others [i'll make lomo unsmoked and smoked. i generally prefer smoked, in the austro-hungarian style]. for what it is worth, i made some pancetta which i heavily cold hickory smoked. the best bacon i've ever had by far. can be eaten raw or fried.
the chorizo kid
Registered Member

Postby DanMcG » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks for the link Phil
DanMcG
Registered Member

Postby the chorizo kid » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:18 pm

i love it: on a sauage forum. thanks for the link. da da bum.
the chorizo kid
Registered Member

Postby Vindii » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:52 pm

the chorizo kid wrote:i love it: on a sauage forum. thanks for the link. da da bum.

What are the odds of 2 people from Milwaukee WI on a primarily UK based forum?
Vindii
Registered Member

Postby Salzburg » Sat May 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Thank you Phil for the link. This chef is contradicting the accepted business model that you can't produce foods in-house and be profitable. I love when that happens!

Salzburg
Salzburg
Registered Member

Postby the chorizo kid » Sun May 15, 2011 11:09 am

for vindii regarding the odds of 2 people from milwaukee: there was a fellow using "croat" as a "name" a while back; he was also from milwaukee. i suppose the suasage tradition of the central/eastern europeans that live in the milwaukee area, plus the many superb sausage makers on every block when we were kids in the 1950s/60s, plus nearby usingers/johnsonville/klements etc, plus the many breweries when we were kids [brats and beer], plus the homade sausages at ethnic weddings and ethnic festivals when we were kids [and even now], plus making sausage with grandfather [when we were kids], plus the ready availability of ingredients and suppplies locally; plus pure co-incidence, because the same could be said for chicago, pittsbutgh, cleveland etc. probably just co-incidence. wisconsin is sausage heaven. i just toured pennsylvania from west to east and did not find even one rural shop that sold ho-made sausages; not even in lncaster county. here in wisonsin you fall all over them. pleased to meet you, bro!
the chorizo kid
Registered Member

Postby Vindii » Mon May 16, 2011 3:21 am

the chorizo kid wrote:for vindii regarding the odds of 2 people from milwaukee: there was a fellow using "croat" as a "name" a while back; he was also from milwaukee. i suppose the suasage tradition of the central/eastern europeans that live in the milwaukee area, plus the many superb sausage makers on every block when we were kids in the 1950s/60s, plus nearby usingers/johnsonville/klements etc, plus the many breweries when we were kids [brats and beer], plus the homade sausages at ethnic weddings and ethnic festivals when we were kids [and even now], plus making sausage with grandfather [when we were kids], plus the ready availability of ingredients and suppplies locally; plus pure co-incidence, because the same could be said for chicago, pittsbutgh, cleveland etc. probably just co-incidence. wisconsin is sausage heaven. i just toured pennsylvania from west to east and did not find even one rural shop that sold ho-made sausages; not even in lncaster county. here in wisonsin you fall all over them. pleased to meet you, bro!

Funny you mention your PA trip. Some of the guys on my grilling forum that live down south say they cant even buy sausage at the grocery store. Almost every local store around here sells homemade sausage. Must be rough.
Vindii
Registered Member

Return to Recipes for cured meats