Made some today
pick and wash peppers
Peel all garlic and onions
run all through food processor
saute in Stainless pot
cool add rum and run through a tomato strainer
return to pot , heat to boiling , pour into steril jars.
Jalapeno Hot sauce
ï¿½ 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
ï¿½ 20 fresh jalapeno peppers
ï¿½ 3 cloves garlic
ï¿½ 1 large onion
ï¿½ 1 teaspoon salt
ï¿½ 2 cups water
ï¿½ 1 cup distilled white vinegar
ï¿½ ï¿½ cup rum
1. Wash peppers and stem, cut onion into chunks peel garlic. Run through food processor
2. In a medium stainless steel sauce pan (not Aluminium) over high heat, combine oil, peppers, garlic, onion, vinegar and salt; saute for 4 minutes. Add the water and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
3. Add rum and mix let sit for an hour
4. Run through a tomato strainer to remove seeds.
5. reheat to boiling
6. Pour into a sterilized jar with a tight lid. This sauce will keep for 6 months after opening when stored in the refrigerator.
7. Yield 5 250 ml jars