I use a tube heater. Something like this:

http://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/pr ... prod116991

HTH

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby BriCan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:41 pm

crustyo44 wrote:Hi Robert,
I did pass on your condolences to my wife, she only mumbled something I didn't hear as I am usually are selectively deaf.

It seems that I have the very same problem -- selective hearing :shock:

I will go and check out what proofers are available as I have a small aircon available, virtually brand new. It used to cool a very small office.
Thanks for waking me up to it.

Jan I seem to see the simple solutions which are not the norm, I have a partner who is that cheep he squeaks when he walks :lol: I told him that health regs require that a meat cutting room be cool down to at least 4 degrees C -- reply was that we could not/and still not afford to put a unit in the room. His answer to the problem was to get a very cheep Chines unit that cost less than peanuts (don't do much good) we coped a regular (large) window unit that we have installed -- works like a charm

I can/and do keep it at 15 degrees C with 60/65% humidity I can play with the settings to get temps/humidity where I need/want them

HTH
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby krusty » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:09 am

I use a Ranco digital controller. Wired in to a heatlamp from any hardware store. My 150W heatlamp cycles only for a fraction of a minute so far this winter were it has reached a balmy -15C at nite. Next week will be having some fellow homebrewers over for beer tasting and samplings of charcuterie.
krusty
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Curing Techniques