About that time....

Air dried cured Meat Techniques

About that time....

Postby ericrice » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:08 pm

40lbs of bellies and 40lbs of CT butts soon to be bacon and coppa. As much as a miss the summer once fall hits the cold temps can't come soon enough :D

Few more weeks and I'll be into salamis.
Occupation?? Part time Butcher, Chef, Microbiologist, Scientist and Meteorologist – does what pays the bills really matter?

Eric
ericrice
Registered Member

Re: About that time....

Postby BriCan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:00 am

ericrice wrote:40lbs of bellies and 40lbs of CT butts soon to be bacon and coppa. As much as a miss the summer once fall hits the cold temps can't come soon enough :D

Few more weeks and I'll be into salamis.

How are things going ??
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby ericrice » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Well, have to admit they don't look quite as nice as yours do (only a 9hr smoke) but like I always say "I never met a bacon I don't like". Pancetta, couldn't wait - I leave mine flat as others have stated they do and only let it hang a few days before getting into it :D
Cased my coppas last night, 8 total, all of them in the 5lb (2.3 kilo) range. Had 5"-5.5" (13 cm) bungs but it was very tough getting some of them in. Any tips for getting large pieces of meat into a tight fit (easy boys) :oops:

Occupation?? Part time Butcher, Chef, Microbiologist, Scientist and Meteorologist – does what pays the bills really matter?

Eric
ericrice
Registered Member

Postby ericrice » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:14 pm

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2272/6urg.jpg

Not sure what happened on the second pic. From teh same batch and the first cam in fine. Trying it again. If the same result please delete mods - I'll read up on how to adjust the size if possible.

Eric
ericrice
Registered Member

Postby ericrice » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:20 pm

One more try for now - changed the resolution in imageshack.

Eric
ericrice
Registered Member

Return to Curing Techniques