Smoking Chamber etc

Introductions and chatter

Smoking Chamber etc

Postby sundodger » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:47 am

Thinking that smoking will be a next step for me! I was hoping that as I am in the process of building a wood fired bread/pizza oven in the garden, that this may well serve a dual purpose as a smoking chamber as well ?
The oven is an igloo shaped kind of thing about a metre wide & about 70 cms high (internally) it has a chimney at the front & this can be closed off by a steel plate door, or left open depending on the position of the door.
I was thinking of a "Pro Q" cold smoke generator for cold smoking - Anyone use one of these, as I'm sure i've seen something on the forum about them, but couldn't find it again? For hot smoking I was considering an electric BBQ element with temp control in a tray which wood chips could be put & of course the fitting of an oven temp thermostat in the steel door? Sorry, a lot of ramblings there, but any advice/suggestions welcome.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be !
sundodger
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:13 pm

wheels
Global Moderator

Postby sundodger » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:08 am

That's the one ! Thanks Phil :D
Nostalgia is not what it used to be !
sundodger
Registered Member

Re: Smoking Chamber etc

Postby cannyfradock » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Sundodger

If you was thinking about integrating your WFO for hot smoking and want to install a thermostat in the door here are a few idea's on how to go about it.. http://ukwoodfiredovenforum.proboards.c ... -oven-door

Terry
Honi soit qui mal y pense

UK WFO Forum http://ukwoodfiredovenforum.proboards.com

Porchetta di Testa.. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5561
cannyfradock
Registered Member

Return to Chatter