Lidl sealant gun.

Introductions and chatter

Lidl sealant gun.

Postby yotmon » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:46 am

Was in Lidl yesterday and saw that they had the aluminium sealant gun back in stock for £3.99. I bought one of these at the beginning of the year and after fitting one of my old tubes found it great for filling small batches of sausage. If you are only making a couple of pound of sausage at a time then I can't recommend them enough, they are far easier and quicker to use than trying to force the meat through a mincer and its attachment. Plus they strip down to be cleaned very easily.

Here's a link that mentions them on here a few years back with quite a bit of praise for them - although the price has risen since then.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4956&hilit=lidl+sealant

Yotmon.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Re: Lidl sealant gun.

Postby JerBear » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:56 am

So do you just kinda hold the casing in place at the tip? I've been looking for something to do small experimental batches and this just might be the ticket.
JerBear
Registered Member

Re: Lidl sealant gun.

Postby yotmon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:47 am

Hi JerBear, yeah, you just hang onto the casing by the nozzle end and then squeeze the trigger to fill the sausage. Very easy to fill but as with any filler, use something that compounds the meat in the tube so that there's no air present.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3041/stuffer001.jpg

This photo by Wallie in the previous thread shows a support that he made so that he could have both hands free - looks simple but effective.

Ste.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Return to Chatter