Steel stuffer tubes

Introductions and chatter

Re: Steel stuffer tubes

Postby yotmon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:25 pm

I never need to soak for more than 30 mins either, maybe its the warm water that keeps them supple ? I never use cold water.

How smooth is the plastic tube, could it do with a bit of a polish. If its a bit course then it will cause drag on the casings.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby sundodger » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:40 pm

With natural casings, I also Just soak in warm water with a bit of bicarb (about an hour) I then flush through & feed onto the steel tube direct from the bowl of water. I normally only put on about 4 metres at a time for ease of handling when linking, but I can put it on the tube as fast as I can move my hands - As you feed it on keep the centre line of the casing in the centre of the tube.
Nostalgia is not what it used to be !
sundodger
Registered Member

Postby Laripu » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:41 pm

yotmon wrote:I never need to soak for more than 30 mins either, maybe its the warm water that keeps them supple ? I never use cold water.

How smooth is the plastic tube, could it do with a bit of a polish. If its a bit course then it will cause drag on the casings.

I've had the problem with both plastic and stainless steel. It's why I switched to stainless. The casings get an overnight soak after thorough rinse.

Steel cleans better, so I prefer it.

I'll try a smaller diameter.

I'm posting from my phone, so there's an autocorrect, as the phone tries to determine what I intend to type. You'd never believe how it interprets the word "casings", about half the time. :oops:
Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen. - Heinrich Heine.
Laripu
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Chatter