What friends are for

Introductions and chatter

What friends are for

Postby BriCan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:38 am

It was another day at the office; much like any other with one notably difference ~~ shadow seem to have kept in the background while a very good and favorite friend came by to give a supporting hand and also chew the fat on some pros and cons ~~ maybe more cons than pros, but what the heck that’s what good friends do.

It seems that I may or may not depending on which side of the fence you are on :D but I was pleasantly reminded at least once the one could (and should?) work and talk at the same time.

The conversation ran to the upcoming weekend and the meal that was being planed; Turkey (yuck ~~ you have your hand stuck up some (900) turkeys arse and then tell me you love turkey :D ) or some Scandinavian stuff (yummy) the turkey (cooking?) is to help get me out of ‘big’ dodo ~~~ long hours and poor communication (well none cuz she iz asleep when I leave and is asleep by time I get home ~~ could say it makes it peaceful :wink: )

Anyway the discussion on the (poor) bird was smoked or not and would it be hot or cold smoke which led me to reach under the table and pull out a small bottle of liquid smoke ~~ now the conversation took off on another leg which was to do with the tread on ‘smoking olive oil’ and the pros and cons of the liquid smoke which led to vagreys comment on charcoal which lead further into the debate on which/what type of charcoal would be most suited ~~ I finally said ‘Kingsford’ :shock:

Which lead to other places

The reason why this is so long winded is cuz you will see at the end; just bare wiv uz for a mo :wink:

Please remember the quotation of ‘talking and working at the same time. It will become clear as we proceed ~~ believe me :D

I had just finished topping the Seafood pies with creamy mashed potatoes that had been infused with some Cheddar cheese and came through to help out with the sausage making ~~ real competent lad that mate ov mine ~~ meat already ground; rusk weighed and placed in appropriate tubs and most of the spice blends mixed and again placed in there respective tubs

He was down to possibly the last or the one before last spice mix when the ‘upsy daisy append ~~~ ow much spice we lost is one thing (well the floor on one side was white :oops: ) ~~ and himself feels real bad about this. But as I said it could/and will happen to any one myself included

So he is home :?: right now maybe even reading this and maybe feeling bad ~~ my intention is not to upset or rub it in in anyway ~~ the opposite is true

Himself was in yesterday with friends looking for pies for supper, everyone got there choice except himself as he wanted a ‘pork pie’ I had to tell him no as I had not got around to making any due to work load ~~ he took sausage instead but his bottom lip was just about touching the ground (most that know ‘himself’ will know that’s a darn long way :wink: )

Well with what happened today and being disappointed on the sad demise of the pork pie I feel I need to cheer himself up ~~ so wondering around this place that at the moment seems like my second home I took things into my own hands and low and below something happened

I do so hope himself likes :D

But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Re: What friends are for

Postby DanMcG » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 am

You're a good man Robert!
DanMcG
Registered Member

Re: What friends are for

Postby NCPaul » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:33 am

I'm sure he'll love it. :D
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Return to Chatter