New and keen

Introductions and chatter

New and keen

Postby clashloz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:31 am

Hi. I love sausages, and years ago I dabbled in sausage making with a small plastic "hand pump" sausage maker. I gave up, after I had only limited success! Quite by chance, my new mixer arrived, and has a sausage attachment, and my interest has been re-kindled. I have had a quick look at this site and forum, downloaded the (what appears to be) fantastic beginners guide, and am getting really excited. I eat sausages at least twice a week, and am looking forward to creating classic sausages, plus trying new flavours.
clashloz
Registered Member

Re: New and keen

Postby NCPaul » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Welcome to the forum. :D There are very good instructions in the beginners guide to get you off to a successful start. What kind of sausages do you normally like?
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby clashloz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:30 pm

I love traditional pork and "herby" pork, but am also a fan of the far more spicy/hot creations, I have found at county shows. I have just finished a dinner of Tesco finest Cumberland and Lincolnshire sausages as we speak.
clashloz
Registered Member

Postby NCPaul » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:32 pm

We have good recipes for both of those; there is a list of recipes here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9131

Cumberland and Lincolnshire were some of the first ones I made since they are not sold where I live.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Return to Chatter