Duck Sausages

Introductions and chatter

Duck Sausages

Postby Sam Newman » Tue May 03, 2016 11:09 am

Hi all. Duck hunting season is apon us once again here in New Zealand. Duck meat has got to be one of the yummiest flavors you can get, especially wild mallards and the fat is so useful. This weekend is the opening of the shooting season and I plan to shoot a few. Has anybody got any good duck, paradise duck or swan sausage recipes they'd like to share? I am about to hook up a power system that uses the flow of the river to run a freezer and I'm planning on filling it up with a variety of sausages. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. Cheers, Sam.
You can lead a dog to water, but you can't make him a horse.
Sam Newman
Registered Member

Location: Raetea Forest, Maungataniwha Ranges, Far North of Aotearoa New Zealand

Re: Duck Sausages

Postby NCPaul » Tue May 03, 2016 1:10 pm

This is one I've wanted to try -

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11472&p=97445&hilit=duck#p97445

Good to see you again Sam.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby tristar » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:43 pm

I know it is a little late Sam, but there are some duck recipes on my blog Nungkysman.wordpress.com They all turned out nice, my families favourites of all the sausages I make!

Mod edit: link corrected :D
"Don't be shy, just give it a try!"
Food for The Body and The Soul
tristar
Registered Member

Postby Sam Newman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Thanks for the links guys. Some great ideas. Cheers
Sam Newman
Registered Member

Location: Raetea Forest, Maungataniwha Ranges, Far North of Aotearoa New Zealand

Postby wheels » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:33 pm

FWIW Sam,

You won't get better than tristar's.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Sam Newman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:50 am

Yea and I see there's lots of other good recipes on Tristars link. Cod roe ahhhhhh. I didn't get many wild ducks this year, but I've got a dozen pet mallards that should hopefully breed up this spring and I released some Ginnie fowl into the wild the other day, so we'll see how they breed up. Also I have 2 pairs of red legged partridges, so I've spread my eggs into many different baskets. My water power is up and running my whole household power. Freezer full of fish, fridge full of home brew and a washing machine that I'm going to marry haha. No more washing clothes in a bucket. My neighbour just gave me some sausages made from old mutton and wild pig. Not much herbs. Very simple, but a good combo. Great sausages
Sam Newman
Registered Member

Return to Chatter