Christmas Treats

Introductions and chatter

Christmas Treats

Postby Fatman » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:49 pm

Well I thought I'd seen it all being an anorak/enthusiast on sausages, but today I was visited by a young French lady called Claire-Lise who lives in Brittany, France.

She knows I'm nuts about sausages and meat etc and she as often brought me gifts with a sausage theme, this time she arrived with many different dried sausages and to go one further she handed me a large bag of "sausage sweets". The bag contained mini sausages wrapped in sweet papers printed with messages on sausages and including the chartcutiers details. This I have never seen before and I never got round to asking Claire-Lise why it is done , so if any of you guys have heard or seen this, then please say!

I can only assume it is a Christmas treat from the butcher to his clients and their children.

Regards

Fatman
Fatman
Registered Member

Christmas Treats

Postby Parson Snows » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:41 pm

Being a cynic , I'll have to go along with advertising. Though I may not be right. In Holland if it was your birthday, they would give you a chocolate letter) your initial, under your pillow. They kept your passport so they knew your information.

Kind Regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
There's ten around the table
And food enough for five... Amen
Parson Snows
Registered Member

Return to Chatter