Buffalo mincer plates alternative

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Buffalo mincer plates alternative

Postby ped » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:52 am

I have all the mincer plate sizes which are offered for the Buffalo CD400 machine but wondered whether there are other generic mincer plates, specifically #22, 12mm and 20mm plates of other manufacturers which I can use on the Buffalo?
ped
Registered Member

Re: Buffalo mincer plates alternative

Postby RodinBangkok » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:25 pm

google grinder or mincer plates, there are a lot of manufacturers out there, you might find what you need, but do you really need that many different sizes? We've used 3 basic sizes commercially for years and have never had the need to get so exact as far as plate hole diameter is concerned. The other alternative is to have them made, not that expensive if you have a laser cut machine shop in your area.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
_____

Rod
RodinBangkok
Registered Member

Postby ped » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:37 pm

I agree Rod, I have the small diameter plates 8,6,4,3 but these are the very large diameter which I would like the option to use and are referenced in a few of the recipes that I see

Ref the googling, None of those that I see give plate thickness and though #22 is quoted I'm not certain that they have the correct seating thingy (don't know what to call it!), some have 3 slots some have one and if the slot is too big then it will rattle and if too small the plate won't seat properly.
ped
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:12 pm

I've had problems in the past with plates being too thin, in which case the blade doesn't seat against them properly. I always check with the supplier that the thickness is correct. I've bought from Weschenfelders and always found them very helpful when you call them. Their website says that they have plates to 10mm, but will order other sizes for you. I've also bought from ebay - you can message the sellers to check specs.

I'd think that a 20mm hole would need some form of guard.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby ped » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks Phil, have contacted one supplier ( can't remember the name, that'll be helpful when I don't get an answer!!), so let's see.
ped
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies