Source for larger Meat Lugs

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

Source for larger Meat Lugs

Postby dbeck » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:07 am

Hello,

We're making sausage with 60 pounds of meat along with other ingredients. I would like to mix it all in one tub but I'm only seeing meat lugs up to 50 pounds. Does anyone have a recommendation on where I can get a larger food grade tub?
dbeck
Newly Registered

Re: Source for larger Meat Lugs

Postby Swing Swang » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:55 am

I've come across this problem recently and think that the yellow gorilla tub drugs might be an option as they are made in food grade plastic, and the manufacturers website/catalogue says they can be used for food preparation (you can even use the tiny ones to drink tea out of). They are cheap, come in a variety of sizes, and the largest/flat one has a capacity of 35l, a diameter of 57cm and a height of 16cm. I reckon that even this largest one will fit into a fridge with a bit of squishing, so you can mix in the evening, cover in clingfilm to stop oxidisation, and stuff the following day. As they will take freezing they can be used in the freezer to 'crunch up' meat before grinding.

The 'tray' size will even fit into the equivalent 'bucket' (which in this case has a capacity of 75l) which might prove to be useful for 'off the floor' hygiene purposes if you are running out of table space, or as just for larger capacity storage if you need to mix in two batches.

http://www.tanks-direct.co.uk/equestria ... viz_yellow

I have yet to find any info on if they are dishwasher safe. I emailed the company but didn't get anything more than a standard response saying that they would respond in future...

Anyway if you do try this option before I do please post your feedback here. Also if you do put one at max temperature in a dishwasher and it comes out distorted then I'd appreciate knowing before I do the same.

Philip
Swing Swang
Registered Member

Re: Source for larger Meat Lugs

Postby wheels » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi dbeck, Welcome.

You don't say what part of the world you live in? As a World Wide forum, it would help.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Return to Equipment & Supplies