reccomend sausage stuffer

Where to buy, how to use. Stuffers, casings, spices, grinders, etc.

reccomend sausage stuffer

Postby rudi21 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:06 pm

I have been making sausage for over 40 years, I having trouble finding a reasonably priced stuffer that will make small sausages such as deer sticks using a 3/8 inch stuffing tube. the problem I have is when making this type of sausage the meat is very sticky and will not feed through the stuffing tube because its so small, so if any one can recommend a stuffer I would really appreciate it. thanks. Deerhunter.
rudi21
Registered Member

Re: reccomend sausage stuffer

Postby wheels » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:30 pm

Welcome to the forum.

You don't say where in the world you are rudi21?

It'll help if you do.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby NCPaul » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:16 pm

For small diameters it's worked best for me to do small batches (<2 Kg) and use a stainless steel horn. Welcome to the forum. :D
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby rudi21 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:59 pm

I'm from northern Illinois, USA. I have bought 2, 5lb. stuffers from Grizzly tools that had nylon gears, after the first one wore out I bought a second one with metal gears and wore it out. I'm thinking maybe adding corn syrup solids to my mixture of sausage is part the problem. I'm thinking of buying a stuffer with the vertical gears so it wont slip under the pressure, and yes I was using a 3/8 inch stainless steel tube, I also have a stainless steel horn attachment for my sanitary grinder, it will work for a short time then just turns the sausage to mush and it won't feed through the stuffing horn. thanks for any help. Rudi
rudi21
Registered Member

Postby rudi21 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:17 pm

I bought a Haaka horizontal 7 lb. stuffer from e-bay for $119.00 I'm going to try it. Thanks to those who responded. Deerhunter..
rudi21
Registered Member

Postby montanaSalami » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:18 pm

I bought the same one from amazon. Way better then using the grinders with the stuffing tube attachment.
montanaSalami
Registered Member

Return to Equipment & Supplies