I capitalized on information available to develop the following recipe. FIllet the fish first and remove the cross bones.
1) cure is 50% salt 50% brown sugar, 1 drop of liquid smoke (distilled, Sausage Maker Buffalo NY) per 100grams of cure
2) apply 150g cure per Kg of fish according to the thickness (meaning more toward the head)
3) put the two filleted halves back together, wrap and put in the fridge ON into a pen to collect exudates
4) rinse and blot dry. Dry in the oven at 40-50C for 1-2 hours
5) return in the fridge without cover 1-3 days until right texture is achieved.
Decrease sugar in the cure to suit your taste.
No one knows more than all of us (quoted from Zulululu)