no joy then

no joy then

Postby Ian Wright » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:44 pm

What is it with this forum?Is it only for the few at makes it tick or what?
I have been on this site for years and like the info that gets moved on to the rest of us .
But the two times that i ask for info i dont get one reply is it the name or what ?or has on one got the the info that i need sorry but thats the way it looks to ian wright :lol: :lol:
Ian Wright
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:44 pm

Ian

I can't remember seeing your posts - if it's something I know about I would certainly reply. I'll look at them now - but the type of post you've just made isn't exactly a good way to "make friends and influence people!"

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby saucisson » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:38 am

Phil you are in much better mood than I am at 4:00am in the morning having just stopped some idiot from committing suicide on another forum I moderate. The Police just got there in time and I believe he will live... I'm not a happy bunny right now...

While waiting I checked every single one of Ian's posts

He joined in 2007 and has contributed absolutely nothing at all.....

Ian, I implore you, read the site, this is NOT a bradley support forum.

We don't hate you, we don't dislike you. We just don't know the answer to your questions...

Sorry...

Dave
Last edited by saucisson on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curing is not an exact science... So it's not a sin to bin.

Great hams, from little acorns grow...
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Mike D » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:22 am

Ian,

Please don't feel down at not having had a response - I posted a question over week ago and had no response to it - my assumptions were:-

1. Nobody was in a position to answer on it
2. A number of regulars on the forum who really go out of their way to answer may be on holiday.
3. The question was tagged onto the end of another thread and was probably not seen by most readers.

Not that I was personally disliked by the other forum users, or there was type of 'clique' in operation. This forum does not seem to operate on that principle. I have not seen a more international group that takes time to answer the trivial, and sometimes very basic questions that I post up on the odd occasion, and for that, I could not be more grateful to them for sharing their knowledge, or for taking time out to respond in the first instance.
Cheers,

Mike
Registered Member

Location: Border of Bury/Bolton up on the moors, Lancashire, England

Postby saucisson » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:45 pm

I would like to publicly apologise for being so terse last night. I had a really bad day yesterday, as explained and my pelvis is still giving me a lot of pain after my accident on holiday.

Ian, I'm sorry you caught the brunt of my frustration...

Dave

PS thanks for the message of support BB :)

saucisson
Site Admin

no joy then

Postby Chuckwagon » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Hey Dave,
Good friends don't need an apology. But we do need to know how you got hurt. Was it a traffic accident? A bone breaker? Have you tried rubbing Prague Powder #2 on your ol' pelvis? The pain magically goes away when it is applied by a nude 18 year old girl with a smile on her face! Just teasing of course. You'll have to rub it on yourself, because at our age, she would probably cause you to forget what you were doing in the first place!
Best wishes, Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, it probably needs a little more time on the grill.
Chuckwagon
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:16 am

I slipped on a steep grass slope carry a heavy chemical toilet cassette and landed on my coccyx further down the slope. The pain of impact caused my back to spasm and I pulled a lot of muscles in my back which are now recovered but I still find sitting rather painful :oops:

I've either broken or bruised my coocyx or stretched some ligaments in the back of my pelvis but I'm too stubborn to go see the doctor and find out exactly what :roll:

Dave

saucisson
Site Admin

Re: no joy then

Postby Ianinfrance » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:16 am

Ian Wright wrote:What is it with this forum?Is it only for the few at makes it tick or what?
I have been on this site for years and like the info that gets moved on to the rest of us .
But the two times that i ask for info i dont get one reply is it the name or what ?or has on one got the the info that i need sorry but thats the way it looks to ian wright :lol: :lol:

I saw a (edited from "your", sorry for the misattribution) recent question about fish sausage. I've made a shellfish one, but a) it didn't use trout b) it wasn't very good. So, not having anything useful to contribute, I decided not to reply. What would the OP (edited from "you") expect me to do?

My experience here is that in general if someone asks a question, they get an answer if anyone can contribute positively.

I'd also point out that as in all walks of life, people who contribute to any community of which they're part tend to get a better experience than those who don't.
All the best - Ian
"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." c. 2800 BC
Ianinfrance
Registered Member

Return to Fish curing