Using a fan to aid sawdust smouldering

Re: Using a fan to aid sawdust smouldering

Postby GUS » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:27 pm

aww man! :roll: ..this stings more than a roomful of thick smoke.

i'm testy & I didn't shell out for the kit, what is the exact scenario wth the firebox then? gash production run?

i'm still trying to get into my head how a simple format can be so kyboshed & under what circumstances it necessitates this amount of time down & remedial work? ..a full explanation is really needed.

gahh!
Mac's ProQ CSG devotee.
Founder member of "Cheese club" ...it's like "Fight Club" only cheesier

Avatar courtesy of Thad Cox https://twitter.com/LimitedFun http://limitedfun.tumblr.com/
GUS
Registered Member

Postby Headbutchersouthwest » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:36 pm

GUS wrote:aww man! :roll: ..this stings more than a roomful of thick smoke.

i'm testy & I didn't shell out for the kit, what is the exact scenario wth the firebox then? gash production run?

i'm still trying to get into my head how a simple format can be so kyboshed & under what circumstances it necessitates this amount of time down & remedial work? ..a full explanation is really needed.

gahh!

Hi Gus

Unfortunately I'm no expert at meddling with smokers but when we first decided to buy the beelonia smoker we were sold once we were told it would be as simple as put it together and away you go no hitches....! :P
But it's been a complete nightmare & ideally I would like for someone with a lot of experience & know how to pop in & take a look! So if you fancy a trip down to see us then please do contact me I'll pay your fuel expenses etc
Headbutchersouthwest
Registered Member

Postby Headbutchersouthwest » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Sorry to bore you guys with this thread but thought I'd post an update !

Still no news from Beelonia & I've emailed them at least 4 times , at first they seemed to awknowledge there could be a problem if air flow was limited in the outside smoke box for cold smoking and after they offered to send out a solution I have now not heard from Beelonia at all in the past 4-5 weeks , I'm completely gutted :evil: and now looking for a stand alone smoke generator to replace the beelonia outside smoke box . It's a dam shame that a company of beelonia's statue nor Windsor food machinery who act as there uk rep & the ones who dispatched the smoker to me can't offer any help apart from taking £6000 of my money & then not replying to any of my needs for over a year

Thanks beelonia Germany & thanks Windsor food machinery UK hope your spending my money wisely :?
Headbutchersouthwest
Registered Member

Postby crustyo44 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Isn't there a Government Consumer department that has the teeth to get stuck into the Importer and Retailer.
Pity, you didn't pay for it with your creditcard, at least you could demand that the bank re-imburse you.
So much for all the EU regulations, they can't even regulate and have laws to protect you from
dodgey equipment.
Do you have a Current Affairs program on TV who could be interested in showing it on TV in relation to Warranty and Customer Service that could effect the whole population.
Everyone in the UK should know about the NON-Existent Warranty and Service.
Good Luck.
Jan.
crustyo44
Registered Member

Postby RodinBangkok » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Try contacting an HVAC guy in your area. If they're a good company they will have basic knowledge about vent systems, draft air control, etc.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
_____

Rod
RodinBangkok
Registered Member

Postby yotmon » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Have you considered the 'Small claims court', I think they deal with cases under £10,000. I would write to the suppliers gain (e-mail) and inform them that if they don't send someone out to sort the problem, then they can cancel the purchase seeing as the goods are 'not fit for purpose'. Have a look on the SCC website to see what steps you need to take before engaging court action. I used them about 30 years ago, its not daunting, quite easy really as long as you follow their guidelines.
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill
yotmon
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:15 pm

I agree Yotman. Things have moved past sorting the problem out.

I recall writing at the start of all this:

wheels wrote:Sorry, but cardboard and gaffer tape for a unit that cost so much? Like Gus inferred above, I'd be telling the supplier that I'll see them in the small claims court - and following through with it if they don't sort the problems out.

Phil

...and at the end of it? It's unfortunate, but it looks like it needs to go to litigation. :evil: :twisted:

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby GUS » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:10 am

Screw it, you have been very patient with them, & need to sue their arses in litigation.

Not forgetting, time wasted, promises made & broken, & of course potential profit lost based on business, accessories anything, make it hard on them.

Sounds like Beelonia uk division suck!

Fire them a warning letter of your intentions to take them to court, registered naturally & follow it up.

Ring the german manufacturer & tell them to sort it within the next 48 hrs.

Beelonia GmbH • Goods Str 1 • 48361 • Phone Beelen.: +49 86 275 25 • Fax: +49 25 86 16 95 • E-Mail: info@beelonia.de • Imprint
Mac's ProQ CSG devotee.

Avatar courtesy of Thad Cox https://twitter.com/LimitedFun http://limitedfun.tumblr.com/
GUS
Registered Member

Postby GUS » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:36 am

I'm sick of this, have messaged the company & described the way this farce has carried on as the product / brand appearing like "a steaming* pile of $h1te" due to the situation ..wth a link to this thread.

lets hope for a result, i'd give them till end of play friday before presenting them with papers to take them to court, it's only around £58.

*Lets face it, it won't smoulder.
Mac's ProQ CSG devotee.

GUS
Registered Member

Postby GUS » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:05 pm

I had a reply (please remember google translate is not accurate, so its a translation that clutches at straws..

"Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

wir wissen �ber das Problem bescheid. Ich habe dem Eigent�mer versprochen, dass er einen
neuen Raucherzeuger bekommt der aber aktuell noch in der Entwicklung ist. Die Anlagen brauchen eine gewisse Frischluft damit das R�uchermehl vern�nftig gl�ht.
Ich habe Gavin (ich glaube so hei�t der gute Mann ) gesagt das ich ihm helfen werde und dazu stehe ich auch.

Wir werden die Anlage zum laufen bekommen und das in der n�chsten Zeit.

Sollte sie uns weiterhin mit einem Gericht drohen werden wir sofort andere Ma�nahmen ergreifen und dann wird keiner von uns gl�cklich das verspreche ich Ihnen!!"

Bad translation:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

we know about the modest problem. I promised the Eigentmer that it has a
new smoke generator gets but currently still in development. The plants need so that Ruchermehl glht sensibly some fresh air.
I Gavin (I think so the good man unit) said that I would help him and I stand by it.

We will get the system up and running and the next in time.

If they continue to threaten us with a dish we will immediately take other measures and then none of us is happy I promise you !!
Mac's ProQ CSG devotee.

GUS
Registered Member

Postby GUS » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:10 pm

..why sell a product that is not fit for purpose though, if that is the whole story, (e.g. is this a batch production problem)!?

common courtesy for a vexed customer (as I stated to beelonia) ..is that even if there is no progress to resolving a situation, you stay in contact so the customer knows you are working for them, "as soon as I have news, so will you" is what I used to say, it typically worked, wth weekly update phonecalls / messages left so the anxious customer knew where we stood every step of the way.

That was with items of £10 & upward ...nevermind £6K.

If this were how a problem went with brands I've worked for we'd not be happy, ..& to ease a situation would even get a loan model out or upgrade the original.

Business.
Mac's ProQ CSG devotee.

GUS
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing