Cobb Grill

Cobb Grill

Postby Deer Man » Thu May 08, 2008 8:33 pm

As anybody used one of these? They look cool! Check out the video.

http://cobb-bbq.co.uk/spec.html
Safe Shooting, Good Hunting, Eat Well!
Deer Man
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Thu May 08, 2008 9:13 pm

The Hairy Bikers of TV fame cook almost exclusively on them while on their road trips, I'm sure they are fantastic and I want one. My want list is rather bigger than the capacity of both my wallet and my wife's patience, unfortunately :lol:

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Wal Footrot » Fri May 09, 2008 8:37 am

Why take the Cobb when you can take this

http://www.heatworks.com.au/portable-bb ... ct-46.html

Why would you want to take messy charcoal with you unless you had a serious lack of space. The Weber BabyQ is a bit larger and you do have to carry a gas bottle but you don't have to wait too long until it starts cooking. it is also more versatile than the Cobb in that you can grill steaks with much more ease. They are similarly priced. A xylan coated easyclean cooking surface sounds a bit worrying to me.
Wal Footrot
Wal Footrot
Registered Member

cobb

Postby deeps-23 » Fri May 09, 2008 1:36 pm

Ive been using one for a couple of years when caravaning,does great roast chicken and medium meat joints light it up put drop of water and wine in resevior put meat in cover on and leave for couple of hours ,
stick some spuds in resevior they cook at same tim,e as meat
deeps-23
Registered Member

Postby Deer Man » Fri May 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Wal Footrot wrote:Why take the Cobb when you can take this

http://www.heatworks.com.au/portable-bb ... ct-46.html

Why would you want to take messy charcoal with you unless you had a serious lack of space. The Weber BabyQ is a bit larger and you do have to carry a gas bottle but you don't have to wait too long until it starts cooking. it is also more versatile than the Cobb in that you can grill steaks with much more ease. They are similarly priced. A xylanoated easyclean cooking surface sounds a bit worrying to me.

I like messy charcoal and i don't do gas! I know it is direct heat but it like the idea of one burn lasting for three hours.

i would love one but its not realy a need! If funds were not an issue i would buy a ceramic BBQ like the green egg or even better a Kamado!
Safe Shooting, Good Hunting, Eat Well!
Deer Man
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Sun May 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Deer Man wrote:
I like messy charcoal and i don't do gas! I know it is direct heat but it like the idea of one burn lasting for three hours.

See my Eureka thread :lol:
saucisson
Site Admin

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing