Chilli BBQ Brisket

Chilli BBQ Brisket

Postby Wilf » Mon May 02, 2005 9:55 am

As Ive been asked for this recipe from another post, I moved it to the correct topic. This wasnt cured at all, but I should think with some cure#1 and a longer time in the fridge the meat could be kept pink like a pastrami or salt beef.

Make the Chilli BBQ sauce first
5tbs Tomato Ketchup
3tbs Dark Soy
2tbs Honey
3tbs Cider Vinegar
1.5 tsp Tomato Pur�e
Chicken stock cube in about 3/4 pint water
1 tsp Chilli Flakes or Habanero sauce/flakes (this bit is up to you) we used habanero as we like the flavour but it is HOT.
Reduce to a required consistency but before keep 1 cup back while its still quite runny for the brisket marinade.

Brisket Rub
Brisket was about 1.5kg
2cloves garlic
1/2 tbs salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp mustard powder
Mix all off the above and rub well into brisket, put into a freezer bag and pour in the set aside cup of the BBQ sauce, seal bag and refrigerate massaging the bag every so often for 24 hours.

Smoking
Bring back to room temperature and hickory hot smoke at 100�C for about 4-5 hours or until internal meat temp is 75�C, we used a meat thermometer.
Let meat rest for 15 mins or so and serve with the BBQ sauce which is reduced to a sauce like consistency

BBQ Chilli Sauce
THis is our favourite BBQ Sauce and can be used on any meat dishes especially long cooked Belly Pork with crackling or brushing on ribs on the BBQ. For an extra twist add some rehydrated Chipotles which will give a Smokey Chilli kick to the sauce if using on unsmoked foods.
Wilf
Registered Member

Postby Deer Man » Wed May 04, 2005 9:15 pm

Wilf, sounds delicious! going to try this with a Roe haunch. On a seperate note my tepin are taking there time! I need them to grow now! I can't wait for the tasting session!!
Safe Shooting, Good Hunting, Eat Well!
Deer Man
Registered Member

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing