Making smoke/saw dust out of pellets for cold smoking

Postby ddmaan2 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Hoggy wrote:The net weight of the dust in this pictures is 92 grams, think this is not bad, as Dave told me that a fill-up with the original dust is 100 grams.

I have just weighed my Oak Dust that came with my new ProQ CSG that i have yet to use and it comes out at 107 grams.
Cheers Dave

No one is completely useless, they can always serve as a bad example!
ddmaan2
Registered Member

Postby Hoggy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi ddmaan2,

Yes I had that weight also with the dust that came with the smoker, My dust has more small and bigger particles, the dust from the ProQ is a bit more in the middle.

But it is OK with what I have, I can buy all flavors in small amounts close-by, and don't need special accomodations for the dust in stock. The dust I have smokes very well, and very constant in time. I don't complain.

Txs for your input.
Hoggy
" The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. " ( Frank Hebert )
Hoggy
Registered Member

Postby ddmaan2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:06 am

You're Welcome Hoggy. I'm about to build a smoker box to do a bit of smoking with the ProQ as well when i find time whenever that maybe. Will let all know.
Dave
Cheers Dave

No one is completely useless, they can always serve as a bad example!
ddmaan2
Registered Member

Postby Hoggy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Now this is exactly what I meant......passed by a garage sale for the local scouts here in the village ( ...I even didn't want to go, but my girlfriend dragged me along......) and there they were in the corner of a carton box. Got BOTH for 1.00 dollar......

I get 10 full loads of those two with the ProQ
And yes.....I did them with a soft fiber cloth, just not to damage them.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
In the other way....I had to pay 3 bucks for her stuff.....still a good deal I guess... :(
Next time I go alone.

" The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. " ( Frank Hebert )
Hoggy
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing