Looking for sausage recipes with no sugar added.

Recipes for all sausages

Looking for sausage recipes with no sugar added.

Postby Cayenneman » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:10 pm

Hey everyone. Im not new to sausage making by any means but a lot of sausages I make have pre-made seasoning blends that probably contain sugar. I'm on a low carb diet now and wondered if anybody had any sausage recipes with no sugar? Off the top of my head, Id say the sausages Ive ever made or eaten are andouille, kielbasa, Italian, chorizo, polish, bratwurst, breakfast sausage, and smoked Texas hot links. Since I haven't tried a huge variety of sausages Im open to try anything I haven't tried, I just want them to pop with flavor. So once again, if anyone has a recipe or link to any tasty sugar-free sausages, I'd appreciate you sharing. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImage
Cayenneman
Registered Member

Re: Looking for sausage recipes with no sugar added.

Postby wheels » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi Cayenneman

I don't see why you couldn't omit the sugar in any fresh sausage recipe. It's different with air-dried where the sugar may be there as food for the culture, but in a fresh sausage its only role is as a sweetener, or to make the sausage colour more when cooked - neither essential by any means.

Hope this helps.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Re: Looking for sausage recipes with no sugar added.

Postby vagreys » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:24 am

If you look in our recipes section, you'll find that the vast majority contain no sugar, and many contain no rusk.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Return to Sausage Recipes