Goats cheeese

Recipes and techniques for soft cheese.

Goats cheeese

Postby jenny_haddow » Fri May 19, 2006 7:51 pm

I'm moving over to soft cheese from the cheese chat with this one. I have got quite a large truckle of goats cheese from my camembert mould. Would it be OK to cut it in half into two smaller rounds at this stage for maturing. It would be quite a delicate operation, but with the aid of a good theatre assistant it could be done. What do you reckon?

Cheers

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Mon May 22, 2006 9:43 am

I decided to cut the goats cheese into two separate rounds, which seems to be fine. I'm treating it the same as the camembert, which looks OK too. I've salted and sprayed and they're both sitting comfortably in the cheese corner of the garage. I was going to post pictures of them, but the other half has taken the camera to Korea with him, I'll do it next week.

Cheers

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby Rik vonTrense » Mon May 22, 2006 11:25 am

Sorry I couldn't answer you then Jen....but it's okay to split the curds and reshape them providing you don't knock them about too much.

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Mon May 22, 2006 5:55 pm

No problem Rik, you were somewhat encumbered with a stroppy computer at the time.
The cheese cut clean in two and looks for all the world as though I made two separate ones.

Cheers

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Return to Soft Cheese Making