Len Poli's site

Recipes for all sausages

Len Poli's site

Postby aris » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:01 pm

http://home.pacbell.net/lpoli/page0003.htm

Great selection of recipes here for all sausages and cured meats.
aris
Site Admin

len poli

Postby Franco » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:12 pm

Len Poli is probably the sausage maker I respect the most, I have had dealings with him for the past couple of years, he is a great guy, please visit his site when you can...

I have him on my links page

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/links.html

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Len Poli's Site

Postby Parson Snows » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:02 am

The internet is a wonderful thing, can't imagine living without it now. What you have to remember is that nothing is verified, anyone can put anything out there and others with little or no experience come along and accept it as gospel. THIS IS NOT SO, and can be dangerous. Though I have never made any of Len Poli's recipes I have downloaded them all (which took some time) and have read them all thoroughly. I personally find his recipes to be clear and concise, though I don't always agree with everything that he says (and I'm sure that he won't agree with everything that I say, that's life). Certainly a good place to start. Just remember THESE RECIPES ARE FREE.

kind regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
There's ten around the table
And food enough for five... Amen
Parson Snows
Registered Member

Postby glenn » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:16 pm

Hi.
I am glad that you like the recipes that Len and I have come up with. If you think it took a long time to download them, just think how long it took to formulate them!
Don't know if it is necessary to agree on anything but, I can say that the recipes that we have posted are all tried and true. If you follow the exact recipe and use the techniques we have suggested, you will have success and you will be safe. Len and I have worked on these recipes over the last 4 or 5 years and in the case of the Gelbwurst recipe, gone through about 50 pounds of pork, perfecting the recipe. Besides our own enjoyment, our main motivating factor was to supply recipes that were exact and reproduceable at a price (free as you noticed) so that everyone could be successful. All of the recipes (unless otherwise credited) are recipes that were formulated by Len and I.
Everyone seems to be interested about fat content but there is much to be said about spiceing. You won't find much said on Sonoma Mountain webb site about spiceing but that is just because thats part of the art in the art of making sausages, the alchemy if you will. As to the fat, well, sausages are fat ...that is their nature.
Glenn
glenn
Newly Registered

Return to Sausage Recipes