Hi from Becks

Introductions and chatter

Hi from Becks

Postby Becks » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:45 am

Hi there forum new member here, i live in pattaya thailand i have 34 years in the Butchery tradeliving in Jersey C.I. i moved to thailand 2 years ago. i want to startup a Sausage making business out here i'm looking for a full kit ie manual 8kg Sausage stuffer, skins, ready mix spices and herbs does anyone know of a Supllier in the uk who will send these goods out to me in thailand on a regular basis.

Thanks for your reply's in advance

Becks
Becks
Registered Member

Postby johnfb » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:19 pm

Welcome to the forum
Perhaps you could PM lance Yeoh as I think he is in your neck of the woods and sells his wares at markets etc.

here is his link
http://forum.sausagemaking.org/profile. ... file&u=638
johnfb
Global Moderator

Re: Hi from Becks

Postby Lance Yeoh » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:41 am

Becks wrote:Hi there forum new member here, i live in pattaya thailand i have 34 years in the Butchery tradeliving in Jersey C.I. i moved to thailand 2 years ago. i want to startup a Sausage making business out here i'm looking for a full kit ie manual 8kg Sausage stuffer, skins, ready mix spices and herbs does anyone know of a Supllier in the uk who will send these goods out to me in thailand on a regular basis.

Thanks for your reply's in advance

Becks

Hi Becks,
Don't know much about suppliers in Thailand but I know that it cost a bomb to get things sent to this part of the world from UK. The exchange rate will cost an arm and a leg at times and a 8kg stuffer is kinda heavy as well.
If you do happen to come to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia then I should be able to help source the items that you need here. I use a 8kg horizontal Sirman stuffer from Italy.
Lance Yeoh
Registered Member

Sausage stuffer

Postby Becks » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:01 am

Hi Lance,

Thanks for your reply i can get an vertical 8kg stuffer here in pattaya for

28,000,Baht i think i wll go down that route but i cannot get the seasonings or sausage mixes over here or Sausage Skins there all synthetic i know i will have to put in a large order to make the postage worth while i'll keep the board updated on how i do.

Many thanks Lance

Becks
Becks
Registered Member

Postby Lance Yeoh » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:04 am

28,000 baht is quite a good price. I got mine for about RM3,000 which will be 31,740 baht and that was about 3 years ago. I am also importing my sheep casings from Australia myself. As for spices, I've got a relative in a spice processing company so I can get them at a good price.
Do you plan to mix your own spices? I think that would be the way to go if you're planning to run the business in an asian country coz the taste buds and preference here differ from those in the west. I always have to make some adjustments to the recipes that I use to suite the local taste.
Cheers
Lance Yeoh
Registered Member

Return to Chatter